Re: How long does it take to download Sims 3?

by sharq_bait

Original Post

How long does it take to download Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

I amd downloading the Sims 3 on my Mac for the first time, which is 6 GB. It just took 27 hours to download 50%.  Does it normally take this long?  Woiuld it be faster if I was connected by an ethernet cable?

Message 1 of 5 (11,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did it literally take 27 hours or were you exaggerating? i downloaded mine today and it took about a good hour. I used a windows computer and wifi (no ethernet cable).

Message 2 of 5 (11,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No I am being serious.  It is downloading about 60 KB/sec.  I have never downloaded any Sims game before if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 5 (11,145 Views)

Hero

It should not take that long. 

How far along are you now ? Is the download actually progressing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (11,135 Views)

Hero (Retired)

download speed depends on many things. the speed you are allowed from your provider is probably the biggest issue but other things can affect download speed. The server you are downloading from. The server connection. your computer - if your computer can not process the data fast enoug (doing other things) then this may slow the download. Once a path through the internet is determined there may be a bottle neck somewhere and that could cause a slow download. If your connection to your isp is good (try speakeasy for continental US or other speed test) then the problem is between your isp and the server. If yoou try to download again and get the same results you will have to wait until the problems clears. If could be something as simple as the server is backing up data and is busy as the moment.

hth

Message 5 of 5 (11,133 Views)