How do you put items into

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you put items into

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Anyone,

I have the Showman's Glass Stand, and I don't know how to put anything into it.  I can place things on top of the class case but not inside under the glass.  Any Ideas?, Do you know? If so can you pass on the info.

Message 1 of 4 (511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you put items into

@BillFlowerpot  Sorry for the late reply.  I don't currently have Aurora Skies installed on the computer where I normally play and therefore didn't see the item, so I had to track it down.

Anyway, the Showman's Glass Stand is a decor item, not a proper display, and as such it doesn't allow you to put items inside it.

If you do want to use it as a display, you can fake it with a mod, specifically One More Slot Please by granthes, which is hosted on Mod the Sims.  (Don't confuse it with the Sims 4 version.)  With the mod, you can move an object up or down a certain distance, so you could move the object you want to display up from the floor so it's level with the surface inside the glass stand.  Then you could use the moveobjects on cheat to move the object to the stand, or to move the stand on top of the object.

I haven't tried this, so I don't know whether it'll work, but at the very least it shouldn't break your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)

All Replies

@BillFlowerpot  Sorry for the late reply.  I don't currently have Aurora Skies installed on the computer where I normally play and therefore didn't see the item, so I had to track it down.

Anyway, the Showman's Glass Stand is a decor item, not a proper display, and as such it doesn't allow you to put items inside it.

If you do want to use it as a display, you can fake it with a mod, specifically One More Slot Please by granthes, which is hosted on Mod the Sims.  (Don't confuse it with the Sims 4 version.)  With the mod, you can move an object up or down a certain distance, so you could move the object you want to display up from the floor so it's level with the surface inside the glass stand.  Then you could use the moveobjects on cheat to move the object to the stand, or to move the stand on top of the object.

I haven't tried this, so I don't know whether it'll work, but at the very least it shouldn't break your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you Puzzlezaddict. Now I know I'm not doing something wrong or missing something out. In the past I have used cheats to get the effect. 1, I placed the object I wanted to display on the 'Neely Perfect Pedestal', then the glass case over with 'MoveObjects On'. Unfortunately the pedestal is too big and you loose a lot of high in the display case. 2, I use the NRass Debug Enabler to move the item I want to display up. (If anyone is interested I find 'delta 0.425', is about the best amount) , I then use 'MoveObjects On' to place the case over the item. I appreciate the time and effort you go to to answer our questions. Long May The Sim3 continue. Yours Billflowerpot, P.S. I shall try the mod you suggest and complier.
Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BillFlowerpot I would like to thank again all the helpers on these pages. These are my thoughts on the mod mentioned in the post by Puzzlezaddict, 'One More Slot Please by granthes'. It does what it says on the can and in that is is good. However, I find Items placed using this mod will not survive if you need to remove the mod for some reason. Not only is the slot removed but the item that was placed on it. I find the NRaas, Debug Enabler, Move. to be more versatile, and safer. Items moved with this mod do survive the removal of the mod and so does their location.
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)