How do you find a mod that is causing your game to crash?

by Jones-Sims4

Original Post

How do you find a mod that is causing your game to crash?

★★ Novice

So recently I've been playing on a world I made a couple months ago. I got in and played it for the first time I had in weeks. The game seemed a little slow and glitchy. It wouldn't let me do certain things. I redesigned parts of my house and put some new objects in from the new Dogs and Cats content pack I recently got. I might have put custom content I never used before in the game which is where I might have went wrong.

Anyways I saved a closed my game but now when I try to reopen that household my game quits and it says the Sims for has stopped working. I can get to the map portion of my world but when I click on the house where my sim lives and it starts to load, that is when it randomly quits. I removed mods, restarted the game and opened my household, it worked but it looked really weird since most of the stuff I have in that world is cc.

Oh and by the way my other households will open with no problem, it's just the one. So anyways I don't know how to find the specific piece of cc that's corrupting my game. Can someone please help!!! I have figured out how to remove bad cc like clothes and things on sims if they look glitched or make my sim partly invisible,(I use an application called Sims 4 Tray Importer which allows me to see my households and tells me which cc they are wearing so I know which files to remove) but I don't know how to remove certain cc if I have no clue which file could be causing it!!! PLEASE HELP! SOS!

Thanks,

Keaton Jones

Message 1 of 2 (1,153 Views)

Re: How do you find a mod that is causing your game to crash?

Hero (Retired)

@Jones-Sims4  The only way I know is to remove all cc and introduce small amounts back in until the offending item is found. Sometimes you find 2 items in conflict. Game works for 1 then you add 2 and it don't work but if you remove 1 the game works. I have a spiral note book with what cc I added and where I got it in the case I have to update it. Some computers with integrated graphics have issues with some cc.  hth

Message 2 of 2 (1,143 Views)