How do you change language from english to french in the uk?

by BubbleBliss464

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How do you change language from english to french in the uk?

★★ Novice

In the UK version of The Sims 4, it only has English US as a supported language. So I tried using regedit and changing my locale from en_US to fr_FR and it worked. I had a file called Les Sims 4 along with my The Sims 4. However, when I clicked my app it said (In French) unable to start up. Are there any ways of fixing this or another way to change the language? 

Message 1 of 2 (509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you change language from english to french in the uk?

@BubbleBliss464  The U.K. version of Sims 4 is language-locked, so there's supposed to be no way to make it run in another language.  The Sims 4 user data folder in Documents\Electronic Arts is spawned as soon as you launch the game, even if it crashes right away.  So the presence of a "Les Sims 4" folder just means Origin tried to launch it in French, not that any French-language files were downloaded.

What you can try to do is repair the game in Origin, and if that doesn't help, change Origin's language to French, clear its cache, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

However, I don't think this is going to make a difference.  Your copy of Sims 4 may well be hard-blocked from downloading any other language strings, in which case all you can do is change the registry string back to en_US and hope the game works again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (496 Views)

All Replies

Re: How do you change language from english to french in the uk?

@BubbleBliss464  The U.K. version of Sims 4 is language-locked, so there's supposed to be no way to make it run in another language.  The Sims 4 user data folder in Documents\Electronic Arts is spawned as soon as you launch the game, even if it crashes right away.  So the presence of a "Les Sims 4" folder just means Origin tried to launch it in French, not that any French-language files were downloaded.

What you can try to do is repair the game in Origin, and if that doesn't help, change Origin's language to French, clear its cache, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

However, I don't think this is going to make a difference.  Your copy of Sims 4 may well be hard-blocked from downloading any other language strings, in which case all you can do is change the registry string back to en_US and hope the game works again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (497 Views)