Re: How do i transfer sims 4 updates to another pc??

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How do i transfer sims 4 updates to another pc??

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, my friend doesn't have a proper connection on her laptop and she's on version 1.69....is there anyways possible that i copy the update from my pc to her's? I'm on 1.75 version (pre dream home decorator...) What should i copy from my game files? The _install and data and delta files? I would appreciate it if you reposnd fast, here's my email [edit: email address removed] Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

Re: How do i transfer sims 4 updates to another pc??

@SoheiltheStar9  Even if you transferred the files from your computer to your friend's, Origin would still need to briefly connect to the internet to verify the update.  So your friend will need at least a temporary internet connection.

If the temporary connection is feasible though, for example if she can use her phone as a mobile hotspot, then yes, you could copy over the files.  Instead of copying everything in _Installer and Data though, compare the dates on your files and folders with your friend's—most of the subfolders look to me like they haven't been updated in a while.  And it's best to let Origin recreate the small files within _Installer (e.g. Touchup.dat) rather than copying them yourself.  Delta is where the patch data lands.

If this is more complicated than you want to deal with, it might be easier for your friend to take her laptop to Starbucks or a public library or something similar and use the free wifi there.  That way, she could update the game, make sure it's working, then go back to playing offline.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (153 Views)