How do i fix my video card system?

by W1llY0uD13

Original Post

How do i fix my video card system?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Every time I try to open sims 4, it says that my video card system isn't right. (I don't remember how it was worded) I tried to fix it myself with the help of videos and other forums, but now I cant open it at all. Same with Origin. No pop up. Just me staring at my desktop waiting for the app to open. I might just have sh*tty wi-fi, but still.

Here's my system DxDiag  info if that's needed:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/15/2021, 05:06:15
Machine name: DESKTOP-J1HTQBR
Machine Id: {DAD94C5A-714B-4FDF-BEF6-F4A71FD484C2}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP rp5700 Business System
BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 3735MB used, 6367MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

(I did try to download the NVIDIA graphics driver, but it said it wasn't compatible.)

If my prediction is right and I can't get it to work on this computer at all, what are some computers you recommend that'll work with sims 4?

Edit: I added the entire file

Message 1 of 12 (531 Views)

Re: How do i fix my video card system?

Hero
@W1llY0uD13 Which of these are you getting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Unable-to-Start-Can-t-run-The-Sims-4-with-the-vide... ?

Coudl you post your entire DxDiag ? Just attach the text file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@W1llY0uD13Which of these are you getting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Unable-to-Start-Can-t-run-The-Sims-4-with-the-vide... ?

Here is the full

Message 3 of 12 (523 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@W1llY0uD13Which of these are you getting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Unable-to-Start-Can-t-run-The-Sims-4-with-the-vide... ?

The first one. I DO have a video processor, but just not the right video system.

Message 4 of 12 (519 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@W1llY0uD13 

You only have built-in graphics and that is below minimum requirements for the game. Since you have a Desktop it should be possible for you to upgrade with a stand alone Graphics card. Check the manual to see what you can add.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 12 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@W1llY0uD13 

You only have built-in graphics and that is below minimum requirements for the game. Since you have a Desktop it should be possible for you to upgrade with a stand alone Graphics card. Check the manual to see what you can add.

I don't believe it had a manual with it. let me check

Message 6 of 12 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope. Just came with a paper about how it was refurbished, a warranty, and their email.

Message 7 of 12 (473 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Then look for the Motherboard. It's name should be printed on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 12 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Its name? Im not the brightest but do you mean something like the device id or product id? Or the os build, the version or the motherboard model number? Like i said, im not the brightest.

Message 9 of 12 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

serial number 2ua028bcp

product 0a80h

is what i got when i did the command: wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber

Message 10 of 12 (442 Views)