How do I upload a video to my Sims 3 studio

by sarahholdenried

Original Post

How do I upload a video to my Sims 3 studio

★★ Apprentice

As we all know, when you record a video in game, the game creates it as an avi video file. So it is then in the videos folder and on the launcher ready to be UPLOADED, yet, I'll get the error symbol with the red circle with line thru it and when I hover over it, it'll say "There was an error while uploading content. Please see the Log for more details." What do they mean by "Log", and where does one find that? Google was 0 help with that issue! Is the issue with the video file at all, which btw would be incredible stupid since the creators programmed the game to make the game create videos in avi format, so there shouldn't be any issue about the video file being in avi since they created it to do that. Btw, I do NOT have Origin installed, nor is it required in order for me to play as I have version 1.67 and I am keeping it that way! So any replies that deal with Origin I will ignore completely.

Message 1 of 2 (385 Views)

Re: How do I upload a video to my Sims 3 studio

@sarahholdenried  I don't let Origin anywhere near my TS3 install either, so you won't get any argument about 1.69 from me.

I don't know much about uploading to the studio myself; I've asked a few people if they remember how it's supposed to go.  But you're right that videos are supposed to be uploadable, just like other in-game content.  So you might start by troubleshooting the uploading process itself.

Clear your Internet Explorer browser cache—even if you never use it, the launcher and store do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

If that doesn't help, temporarily pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher again to generate a clean folder, then move your Recorded Videos folder from the old game folder to the new one.  Login and see if you can upload now.  Sometimes a file in the game folder can become corrupt and prevent uploads, and it's easier to temporarily move the entire folder out of the way than to try to find that one file.

If this doesn't work either, then I have to admit I don't really know what's going on.  You could ask on the official Sims forums, where some of the active players still make videos, although I think most of them just post on youtube.  But I bet someone there will know.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion

If you happen to be a new member, you won't be able to start your own thread, but I could start one for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (376 Views)