Re: How do I update the Sims 4?

by CookieArtist

Original Post

How do I update the Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

This probably seems like a silly question but I cannot figure out how to udpate my SIms 4. I have no idea where to go to update it. Is it in the actual game or when I login to Origin. Can't find it! Someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (5,069 Views)

★★ Guide

To update the game, you will need to:

• Go to your Game Library in Origin
  • Find the Sims 4
  • Right-click the Sims 4
  • Click "Check for Updates"
Message 2 of 6 (5,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to update the sims 4 it says, download failed no matter what wifi I am on. I believe it may be my computer, i have also tried repairing it and it says the same thing.

Message 3 of 6 (3,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Daijawilliams8
Maybe it's not your computer but some problem with your Origin
Uninstall Origin in the "add / remove programs" option
Download Origin once more from here
http://origin.com/download
and install it.
I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (3,489 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@kreator I can't update the sims 4 after I download a pack.
Message 5 of 6 (1,842 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @CookieArtist,

This thread is a few years old. There's been a few patches and updates since this thread was first made making it unlikely this issue is caused by the same thing. Could you pop open a new thread please and include what you're seeing at the moment as well as what steps you've already tried to help the game update. We'll close this thread out in the meantime to limit necroposting.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (1,832 Views)