Re: How do I transfer my Sims 4 files from Origin to Steam?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How do I transfer my Sims 4 files from Origin to Steam?

★★★★★ Novice

I linked my accounts and it said that it would happen automatically, but it's still saying that I don't have my packs from Origin?

Message 1 of 4 (434 Views)

@DarlingNamine  Your Origin-owned packs won't show up as owned in Steam, but you can still use them.  Have you actually uninstalled the Origin version of the game and installed the Steam version?  If not, that's the place to start.  Once the Steam version is installed, sign into Origin and download your Origin-owned packs, and they should all work together.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I know it won't show up as owned on Steam, but the whole issue is that I can't get the game to work at all on Origin, but it seems to work perfectly fine on Steam for some reason? I can see that the Steam version knows that I have packs, but everything is still not showing up? TBH I'm tempted to try to contact EA directly (for like the 5th time this month. They keep not responding to my tickets at all and closing them, which is super nice...). Do you know if there's a way to switch the DLC over to Steam without rebuying everything again. I really don't want to rebuy anything.

Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

@DarlingNamine  Again, you can't "switch" the Origin-owned DLC to Steam.  There's no way to do it manually, and Steam support won't help you.  All you can do is install the game from Steam and then install your DLC from Origin.  You don't need to play the game through Origin, you're only installing the content, then continuing to launch the game through Steam.

If this doesn't work for you, please let me know exactly what happens when you try, as in, where in the process you are when it fails and what you see on-screen.  If you see an error message, please post a screenshot.

If you happen to have two Sims 4 installs, let me know that as well.  In particular, look inside Program Files (x86)\Origin Games for a Sims 4 folder, which shouldn't be there if you only have a Steam install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (338 Views)