Re: How do I stop my Sims from doing things?

by LexiSexy5226

Original Post

How do I stop my Sims from doing things?

★★ Novice

I know Sims 3 is older, but I still enjoy it time to time. So, I have free will shut completely off, but my sims still continue to do things without instruction. Is there any patches or something I need to do to fix this issue, or will I just have to live with it?

Message 1 of 10 (3,022 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiSexy5226  Do you have any mods installed?

Message 2 of 10 (3,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I original did, but I uninstalled all of them and did a fresh reset of my game and the bug still continued to happen. @roberta591

Message 3 of 10 (3,002 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiSexy5226  Were any of the mods core mods - these modify the game and may not reset upon removal?  If you start a new game can you cancel the sims actions by clicking actions - when you click the actions they should red x and eventually fade away without doing the action.

Message 4 of 10 (2,999 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know for sure @roberta591. The mods I had installed were all NRass, like master controller. Plus, one that got rid of the intro.

Message 5 of 10 (2,997 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiSexy5226  Nraas mods are no longer supported (and updated). That doesn't mean they won't work. I use the overwatch mod which solves the bulk of issues. I haven't kept up with the rest of Nraas mods. Disabling free will may not totally stop the sims from doing things. Did you try right clicking the game icon in Origin and click repair game?

Message 6 of 10 (2,993 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I tried to repair my game. Every time I cancel the action if I don't immediately replace the action, it will then try to redo the action I canceled. If it was an occasional thing that popped up then it'd be understandable, but it's just a repetitive and constant issue. If I canceled the action and then made my sim sit there for a couple minutes, I'd understand the action coming back up, but it pops back up immediately after being canceled @roberta591.

Message 7 of 10 (2,991 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiSexy5226  Did you try giving the sims a little free will?

Message 8 of 10 (2,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, I tried resetting my game, giving a little free will, I tried many things before coming here. I guess I'll just have to live with it. @roberta591

Message 9 of 10 (2,982 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiSexy5226  Looking at the free will control while putting all the way to the left may not completely turn it off but make it minimal.

Message 10 of 10 (2,976 Views)