Re: How do I remove the registration code for my sims 3.

by roberta591

Original Post

How do I remove the registration code for my sims 3.

★★★ Newbie

I entered a used registration account for my sims 3 and it refused to work. I bought the actual sims three however when I click play in the sims 3 launcher it keeps telling me my license number for the sims 3 is reached. I already have a new registration code I want to enter but the sims 3 won't let me enter a different one. please help

Message 1 of 3 (744 Views)

@reevesd81  The usual way to do this is to uninstall TS3 and then clean your computer's registry, either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  That's where the codes are stored, and unless you remove them, you'll keep getting the error message.  I take it you're installing via disc; when you reinstall, you should have no trouble using the new code.

The license limit error might be a different issue, though.  Could you clarify your code situation?  Do you have one currently registered to your Origin account, or have you only been using discs?  You can check your Origin game library.  How many computers have you installed TS3 on in the past?  The older security software placed a limit on the number of installs you could have at any one time, but Origin installs are exempt.  And are you running Windows or mac OS?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (737 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@reevesd81   If you install from disc the installer will install SecROM and Safedisc. SecROM limits your installations to 3 installs. you need to download and run the manual super patch and patch the game to version 1.67. If you already registered the code in Origin, Origin will patch the game to version 1.69. Once this is done SecuROM and SafeDisc are deactivated (or removed) and Origin will be the DRM for this game. At this point there is no install limit and you will not require a disc in the optical drive to play.

Message 3 of 3 (726 Views)