How do I install The Sims 4 from a disc on a PC windows 10

by Mialilyxx

Original Post

Re: How do I install The Sims 4 from a disc on a PC windows 10

★★★ Newbie

thank you for the info,but thats wrong, as how can you add mods,if you don,t have the maxius game folder or files on your PC,

and whats the point of having two dvd,s just to install origin,

Message 31 of 52 (1,550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

No that is correct. If you bought the Game on DVD the discs contain the entire game not just Origin. There is no such thing as a "maxius" folder. Start the game once so the user folders are created. Then you can add Mods and CC to the Mods folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 32 of 52 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How on earth would I redeem a code what does that mean

Message 33 of 52 (1,498 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you purchased a code from a Reseller follow the included instruction on how to redeem it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 34 of 52 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your question? I am on Windows 10. The autorun doesn't. There is autorun.inf on the disk which is meant to launch autorun but doesn't. The icon file is just that an icon file. There is a zipped folder which can't be unzipped.

Message 35 of 52 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. I have Windows 10. Autorun doesn't work. Technical "solutions" provided in the link depend on getting to an install screen and going to Origin to get a redeem code.

Message 36 of 52 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice
Windows 10 does not allow autorun on Sims 4 in my case.
Message 37 of 52 (1,376 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Simply run setup. The what to do prompt you get in Windows 10 gives you this option. You can also just use file explorer and doubleclick it there.

Message 38 of 52 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks
Message 39 of 52 (1,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

that doesn't work *

(removed insulting comment, can we refrain from doing personal attacks) - Atic

Message 40 of 52 (1,279 Views)