How do I get rid of a career requirement sims 4 get to work?

by BeyaNoire

Original Post

Re: How do I get rid of a career requirement sims 4 get to work?

★★★ Novice
After following the steps, the detective career is fine with all saves except for my main save which is the save I typically play on.
Message 11 of 20 (497 Views)

★★★ Novice
That’s not working as I am unable to right click on my sim. Do you just hit the right mouse button?
Message 12 of 20 (493 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BeyaNoire

Oh sorry, I mean shift-click!

If that still does not work, what happens if you cheat-promote your sim, will you still have to do the same thing?

careers.promote detective

Message 13 of 20 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah
Message 14 of 20 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice
It doesn’t show with shift click
Message 15 of 20 (466 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BeyaNoire

Okey.. Well it seems like something with your save is corrupt, If you have any mods that could have triggered it, but sometimes the game just glitches out. What happens if you roll back to an earlier save?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-...

Message 16 of 20 (456 Views)

★★★ Novice
The farthest save that I can revert to is version 0 which still has the requirement
Message 17 of 20 (446 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BeyaNoire

Too bad. I mean it's great that we got it to work on other saves, but it's hard / impossible to fix a corrupt save game. Do you have many families and such in the world? What you could do is save the households and lots to your library, and open them in a new world. You might have to cheat some things like promotions and relationships with sims outside of the household, but it might work? Try just moving the sim that is having the problem, and then if you want to, you can move all others.

Message 18 of 20 (440 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’ll probably do that then. I’m tired of troubleshooting this game.
Message 19 of 20 (431 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BeyaNoire

I understand that! They should create a cheat or something that makes the career requirements done! Frown

Good luck with your new save, should not cause any problems like this now hen we've cleaned your files!

Message 20 of 20 (423 Views)