How do I fix my columns?

by Kyra-is-kool

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I fix my columns?

★★★★ Novice

So I have a TONNN of cc and two columns weren't cutting it. I upgraded to 4 and the 4th column went slightly off my screen so I went back to 3. Today, I read somewhere that if you change something about the UI size, you could get the 4th column to stay on screen. It was right about keeping the 4th column on screen but it makes this ANNOYING white streak come up whenever I clicked on the categories. Is there any way that I can fix it myself or will I have to go back to 3? Please help me. The 4 columns look soo nice I really wanna make it work

Message 1 of 7 (23,982 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I fix my columns?

★ Guide

What is your screen resolution set to? The More Columns in CAS mod (4 column version) is not recommended if your resolution is lower than 1600x900. All though 1920x1080 is more common these days... It's worth bringing up in case this is the issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (23,961 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

What is your screen resolution set to? The More Columns in CAS mod (4 column version) is not recommended if your resolution is lower than 1600x900. All though 1920x1080 is more common these days... It's worth bringing up in case this is the issue.

Message 2 of 7 (23,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Uh how do I check again? I forgot when the last time I've checked that haha

Oh wait nevermind, My screen is 1366x768 ;-; WHY??? Playing on a laptop SUCKS. I thought my screen was pretty big but nope lol

If I can't keep the 4 columns thing is there a way I can keep the UI this small without causing the white streak?

Message 3 of 7 (23,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wouldn't think so without raising the resolution. If 1366x768 is your laptops native resolution, sounds like you have one of those tablet/laptop hybrid computers with Windows OS. Meant for casual business/school use including streaming movies, videos, shows & browsing the web. Not meant for gaming.

If you want to double check what your laptops native resolution is; this explains how: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001805.htm

It's going to be the highest out of the options sometimes with (Recommended) next to it. The in-game settings will have resolution option as well.

Message 4 of 7 (23,938 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You're right on point with that one! I got a touchscreen laptop just cause for basically being able to watch stuff on it and one thing led to another and now I'm here with 18gb of cc and over 3000 hours in the sims haha.

Well anyways thank you so much for the info! I appreciate it your help so much. I was so lost ;-;

Next time I upgrade my computer I'M BUILDING IT MYSELF!

Message 5 of 7 (23,900 Views)

★ Novice

I have an apple laptop and was having the same issue after reading the thread I just went to settings and made the changes which is a cheaper fix then getting a new laptop.

Message 6 of 7 (21,868 Views)

Community Manager
I'm going to close this thread to prevent further necro-posting. If you need help with a similar issue it would be best to set up a new thread, and we can take a look.

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (21,852 Views)