How do I fix my Sims 4 broken UI?

by madabanana

Original Post

Re: How do I fix my Sims 4 broken UI?

@madabanana  Please try a new folder again, and double-check that no mods or custom content are active in the new folder.  Sometimes the game uses a different folder than a player thinks, or OneDrive redownloads content that has been removed.

If you're looking at a new save in a clean folder that's confirmed to have zero mods or cc, and the problem is still present, please post a screenshot of what you see.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 28 (6,691 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I removed my Mods folder and pasted it to desktop and tried a new save, it was fixed but when I put my mods back into the game, the problem returned. I did the same, the next time but with The Sims 4 folder and the results were the same 

Message 12 of 28 (6,672 Views)

@madabanana  When you moved the entire Sims 4 folder, did it look like you were playing in a clean folder, or did you see your saves and mods?  Like I mentioned before, it's possible that OneDrive redownloaded your content, in which case the mods would be present as well as everything else.

If you're sure the user folder is completely clean—no mods, no cc, nothing at all—try repairing: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, try changing the in-game resolution and switching between fullscreen and windowed mode a couple times.

Message 13 of 28 (6,661 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I removed the folders again and I checked the list of Mods/CC in game options and it said showed that it was empty. Then I tried repairing and switching between window and fullscreen mode and that didn’t work either.
Message 14 of 28 (6,638 Views)

@madabanana  That's pretty strange.  Could you please take a screenshot of the current UI and post it?  I'd like to make sure it's not related to one of the other new issues.

Message 15 of 28 (6,629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The 1st picture is on main menu, 2nd is manage worlds, 3rd is live mode, 4th is build mode, and 5th is any pop up in game, 6th is CAS. 

Message 16 of 28 (6,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Message 17 of 28 (6,605 Views)

@madabanana  Honestly, I'm a bit stumped.  I've never seen this issue that wasn't caused by either mods or the wrong in-game resolution.  (Your game still looks like this in windowed mode with a reduced resolution?)  I believe you've repaired too, so I'm running out of ideas.

One thing you could try, just to be thorough, is creating a new admin user account on your computer and playing there.  (Make it a local account, as in don't sync with Microsoft, and don't sign into any other services.)  You could sign into your current Origin account, and you shouldn't have to redownload anything.  If the problem is still there, the issue is the game files; if it's not, it's the user files.

And you could delete the new account after testing.

Message 18 of 28 (6,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I made a new account and loaded the game so an electronic arts folder would be made for the new account, the problem wasn’t there. But every time I take out my Mods folder anyways it solves the problem. Then I put all my files back into the electronic arts folder via thumb drive  and the problem appeared again. So it’s definitely in the game files. But obviously if I delete all my mods I will lose all my CC and I have a ton of it. 

Message 19 of 28 (6,558 Views)

@madabanana  I thought you'd said that the issue was still present even in a clean folder with no mods at all; that's why I was stumped.  Clearly the issue is one or more of your mods, and you'll need to test them to find out which one.  Start with mods that change the user interface, e.g. UI Cheats, and if that doesn't help, you can use the 50/50 method to sort through your mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 20 of 28 (6,543 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help