Re: How do I fix bad image error??

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I fix bad image error??

★★ Newbie

I keep getting this "Bad Image" come up when I try to play sims.

This has never happened before, this is not a new install I have been playing it for about a year.

I have tried almost everything people say fixes it that I found online and on youtube and nothing has worked.

When I try launching sims it says - Bad image as shown in my photos, then it is followed by EA's Error screen.

Please help I don't know what else to do, I have included some screenshots of what I am seeing, contact me on my email - [edit: email address removed]  

Thankyou - Brittany Main

Message 1 of 3 (3,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Install latest Visual C++ redistributable from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Remember to get the correct version for your OS (x86 or x64). If in doubt try both. You will get an error if you try to install the wrong version.

You may need to repair The Sims 4 after doing this. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,786 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Install latest Visual C++ redistributable from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Remember to get the correct version for your OS (x86 or x64). If in doubt try both. You will get an error if you try to install the wrong version.

You may need to repair The Sims 4 after doing this. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (3,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you remember what solution worked for this? I downloaded the Visual C++ and it still didn’t work. I even cleared Origin’s cache and deleted it then redownloaded it.

Message 3 of 3 (2,447 Views)