Re: How do I download The Sims 4 on external drive?

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

How do I download The Sims 4 on external drive?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I download The Sims 4 to my external hard drive it keeps showing up like this-

I want to download mods but I can't. It used to work when I had OneDrive but it ran out of space fast with my mods so I deleted OneDrive and replaced it with Google Drive hoping it will work again but it did not. How can I get The Sims 4 and mods to work on my external drive?

Nevermind I figured it out, for those in a similar position this is what I did.

Step 1: I had my installs and saves location to be in the Origin Games folder.

Step 2: I right clicked on documents and pressed properties and changed the location to my hard drive, make sure to make a folder called Documents and then have the actual documents saved to there.

Step 3: If your sims 4 is already installed into your origin games folder boot up the sims 4, check your mods settings, and then close down the game.

Step 4: Go to documents press on Electronic Arts and the sims 4 folder where you can put in mods is there.

Message 1 of 3 (736 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry I need more information

Message 2 of 3 (628 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you need further help with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 3 of 3 (599 Views)