Re: How do I connect my new computer to my origin account?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How do I connect my new computer to my origin account?

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I got a new computer and I log back into my Origin account downloaded Sims 3 and got all my downloaded content back but it keeps asking me to register my game and I have the old paper code and the original disc that I bought the first time but it won't let me use that code to register and I can't see any of my old towns or people is there a way to connect back to my previous game or register again without having to buy a new code. I know if it's not registered it's not saved and my last game was registered so I should be able just to reconnect back to it shouldn't I?

Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

@babytweety37034  If you downloaded TS3 from Origin, then your game is already registered in that account.  Where are you seeing the message to register your game?  Exact wording or a screenshot would be helpful.  If it's from Origin itself, you can try clearing Origin's cache.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

As far as your saves go, they're stored in your TS3 game folder, in Documents\Electronic Arts.  To get them on your new computer, you'll need to copy the files over from your old computer.  The best practice is to copy subfolders, like Saves, into the TS3 game folder on your new computer.  Here's a list of all the files inside, along with explanations of what they're for:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! The register button keeps popping up at the bottom and it tells me my game needs to be registered to me saved. I didnt buy the game from origin I just downloaded it. Could that change anything? 

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)
Highlighted

@babytweety37034  Yes, it could.  Where did you buy the game, and did you originally register the code in Origin?  Some unauthorized third-party sellers are known for providiing bad codes on occasion.

Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought it at Walmart when it came out.. I cant remember if you needed Origin to play back then or not. 

Message 5 of 6 (418 Views)

@babytweety37034  Walmart is an authorized seller, so any code it provided should be fine.  I know that before Origin existed, there were other legitimate ways of downloading TS3, and of course if you had a disc manufactured before 2012, you didn't need Origin at all.  On the other hand, if you bought a used disc and registered that code, it might have been removed from your account later, when Origin recognized that it was a duplicate of another player's code, presumably the original owner.

At any rate, this sounds like a case where EA customer support needs to get involved.  A support rep can fix the issue if your code has been deactivated by mistake, or if it was already used, remove it from your account so you can buy a new one.  Either way, it would be helpful, but shouldn't be absolutely necessary, if you still had a receipt or other proof of purchase from Walmart.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 6 of 6 (410 Views)