Re: How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

by praxis22

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

You will need to reinstall since only the language you install it in gets downloaded but it is possible that not all languages are offered on all disc.

You can try if you can install the language you want by downloading if your disc doesn't offer it. Switch the language of Origin to do so.

It is possible that not all languages are avaible to all countries. I don't work for EA so I don't know the details.

For DVDs you should get the option during the installation process to choose your language

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 30 (28,654 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

From the looks of it you can just replace the language file, by which I mean data/client/Strings_<language pair>.package

Normally it's EN_US or EN_GB, etc. but others exist. I have to do the same to mine, (English, live in Germany) once I get the things working. Origin refuses to work, again... With the added joy of for closing the setup app, "report thsi problem..." etc. 

Why I buy software I have no idea, it nevr bloody works. Meanwhile pirates don't have to worry about this, but I digress.

Message 22 of 30 (28,638 Views)

Hero

But are the language files included or do you mean they are easy to come by ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (28,634 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I bought sims 4 in South Africa but I would like to install the game in Spanish, the problem is that I only have the opcion of English. My Origin is in Spanish. Is there a way to fix this please? 

Message 24 of 30 (28,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, there isn't, because they either care not one bit, are luddites when it comes to technology, or try and subsidise DVD sales.

See, the kicker is that wherever you buy the physical copy, a DVD, you get to choose from a whole palette of languages. The same courtesy, however, is not extended to the denizens of 2010s who buy it electronically - who are likely the same people that payed ~$10 extra for the Digital Deluxe Edition, with extra content that you can only get online.

What a bloody farce.

Message 25 of 30 (28,405 Views)

Hero

@xCherrySims For the DVD or download ?

I'm in Switzerland and I'm able to install the game in German or English through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 30 (28,401 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry to bother you, friend, but I'm sitting on precisely exact issue here, as an English speaker thrown to the area language in thanks for buying the Digital Deluxe version for extra price. However, I've been insofar unable to find the english .package file... Is it at all possible that you could help me by pointing where could they be found?

Thanks in advance, as I'm in a bit of hurry to see whether I can wrap this up before deadline for refund.

Message 27 of 30 (28,400 Views)

Hero

Where are you in the world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 30 (28,392 Views)

★★ Novice

Got the language files ang changed the registery but then I get the following error message:

"Unable to start:

The current user is not entitled to run The Sims 4 in the installed language"

So guess we have to re-buy the game with a VPN to an english speaking country to get it in English Frown. Nice work EA!

Message 29 of 30 (28,264 Views)

Hero

Could you all please post here and answer the questions in the first post: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

I'm locking this so eveyone can keep to ONE thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (28,256 Views)