Re: How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

by GoSpyder

Original Post

★★ Novice

Been checking the forums and whenver this question comes up the mod who replied to this thread moves it and the question magically disappears.

Message 11 of 30 (38,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do you uninstall the game and then instal it again?

I really want the game in english, but have no idea of how to uninstall it without doing anything that could damage the game.

Message 12 of 30 (38,331 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My thoughts exactly, I was looking forward to this game, launch Origin, see the description and... I'm not allowed to buy this game in English ( http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/How-can-I-buy-Sims-4-in-English/td-p/3446315/jump-to/first-unrea... ).

This is beyond ridiculous, it's 2014, games are digitally downloadable ... and EA does "region locking". Really, EA? Especially a game like Sims where they don't really "speak" in any language so it's just the UI that needs to be translated... and I'm not even talking abut localization, I want teh NOT localized English version.

Unbelievable. This technically means that I don't have any legal option to get a digital version of Sims 4 in English .

Message 13 of 30 (38,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's pretty stupid not to include english language when you buy the game in other countries. I like my games in English, and you're telling me I have no way of getting this in English? 

Message 14 of 30 (38,126 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I bet language selection will be a separate DLC one day.

Message 15 of 30 (38,113 Views)

★★ Novice

Which menu are you referring too? Are you referring the the game box art menu? The only thing that pops up for me is if I want to create a start menu shorcut  or desktop short cut. Ive unistalled the games twice.

Message 16 of 30 (37,835 Views)

★★ Novice

Which menu are you referring too? Are you referring the the game box art menu? The only thing that pops up for me is if I want to create a start menu shorcut  or desktop short cut. Ive unistalled the games twice.

Message 17 of 30 (37,834 Views)

★ Guide

Im not even playing the game and im already upset! How this could be!! WILL WRIGHT please come back, cause these guys dont know what they are doing! I am from portugal and i can only choose  "Portuguese - Brasil"!! This is stupid!!! Its like having Mexican- Spanish and not Spanish at all!! You guys dont think??? The languages are different in many ways...For god sake... Shame on you

Message 18 of 30 (37,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I live in UK but I want polish version of this game, how i can get that? I've got game from Amazon and i find out that i have access only to english version - how then i can obtain a polish version for god sake?!?!

Message 19 of 30 (37,532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@mantismanpl wrote:

I live in UK but I want polish version of this game, how i can get that? I've got game from Amazon and i find out that i have access only to english version - how then i can obtain a polish version for god sake?!?!

I've got the opposite problem - I'm in Poland and I want the English version, but they only offer me one that has Polish, Czech and Russian. So the message is - yes, we have no issues selling you a game in multiple languages, but we don't think you would ever want to play in the English version. Sure, who on Earth speaks English, right? Wink

Message 20 of 30 (37,515 Views)