How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

by Prisma1982

Original Post

How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded the Sims 4 and it happens that the game is in Spanish, event if my Origin account is set to English. How do I change the language of the game? Thanks!

Message 1 of 30 (572,449 Views)

Re: How do I change the language in the Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

Me too I got this problem, I have try to change the registery key locale on  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4" but I got this message when I lunch the game

http://puu.sh/bjvGI/846614e3cd.jpg

Message 2 of 30 (570,632 Views)

★★ Apprentice

-ENGLISH-

it works for me:
Run Regedit;
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4 

change Locale value to the desired language. e.g: pt_BR for Brazilian Portuguese.

-PORTUGUESE-

isso funcionou pra mim:

execute Regedit;

vá para HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4 

altere o valor da chave Locale para o idioma desejado. Ex.: pt_BR para Português do Brasil.

Message 3 of 30 (569,861 Views)

Community Manager

@Prisma1982 wrote:

I have downloaded the Sims 4 and it happens that the game is in Spanish, event if my Origin account is set to English. How do I change the language of the game? Thanks!

@Prisma1982 Hi,

It depends where you bought the game. Not all versions will include all languages. In which country did you buy the game?

You can check the Sims 4 entry on your local store page regarding which languages should be included.

If there are multiple languages listed, but you cannot find yours, exit and then uninstall the game in your Origin Client. Once uninstalled, change the Origin Client's language setting to your desired language, which will require an Origin Client restart. After the restart, install the game again and it should now be in your desired language (given that this language was available on the store page for the version you have purchased).

I hope that clears that up.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 30 (567,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oppsoite problem. Live in USA and wife is from Peru. Downloaded Sims 4 for her and she prefers to play in spanish. Just deleated the game and chaged the Orgin preference to spanish and downloading again to see if that works. However hope my other games stay in english.

Message 5 of 30 (567,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think when you download the game, it's automatically installed in your native language. For me, that means the game was installed in Norwegian, which is all right, but I personally prefer the English version since most of the wordplay tend to get lost in the translation, and some things just come across as corny.

Doing the Regedit, didn't work for me, it wouldn't let the game load after I changed the Locale value.

I have however uninstalled the game, then selected to install the game a second time from the Origin menu.. This time I was presented with the option of picking a language for the game to be installed in. I'm downloading and installing the game right now, and I'm pretty sure it will work now.

P.S. Yeah, that worked, problem solved for me at least.

Message 6 of 30 (564,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have a problem with the language. I bought the Sims 4 on origin and even though Origin is set to install things in English, the only lanugage options that the installer gave were Czech, Polish and  Russian. I am thinking that there might be a regional block on it or something, because on the site it does indeed mention that the languages are Czech, Polish ad Russian. I didn't see the fine print and bought the game without reallizing there would be problems with the language. Are the english files still there somewhere, i.e. will changing the registry locale work? 

Message 7 of 30 (564,626 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Prisma1982  I have moved your topic from the Origin forums to the Sims 4 section. Please do not create Sims 4 topics on the Origin section. 

As mentioned in this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-HERE-For-any-type-of-issues-with-The-Sims-4/td-p/3432433

Thanks.

Message 8 of 30 (564,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, that's dumb having to redownload the entire game just to change language from Finnish to English. :/

Tried to edit the registry, different launch parameters, etc. Nothing worked.

Wouldn't even be that mad if the client had some sort of download speed limiter.

Message 9 of 30 (562,142 Views)

★★ Novice

Have the exact same issue. Can we get some help or are you just going to leave us stranded? This seems like such an easy thing to do, I mean the game costs the same across Europe so how come we can't have an English option? And EA wonders why people pirate their games..

Message 10 of 30 (560,784 Views)