How can I make my pets live longer? Any mods?

by Sunny_Rio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I make my pets live longer? Any mods?

★★★ Apprentice

I bought an African Grey for my Sim, but she died far too soon (despite being well looked after).  I have three African Greys in real life, and they live to be 60, almost as long as a human.  The one in the game did not.  Is there a mod to make them live forever (since I've turned ageing off my Sim will live forever).

Message 1 of 4 (1,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I make my pets live longer? Any mods?

[ Edited ]

@Sunny_Rio  I found one mention of a Sims Asylum mod to stop minor pets (i.e. not cats, dogs, or horses) from aging.  You'd need to make an account to see anything on the site.  Here's the discussion on the official forums:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/897959/are-there-any-mods-to-disable-minor-pet-death

I haven't tried the mod myself, but the Asylum mods are generally well-made and do what they claim.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,706 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Sunny_Rio  I found one mention of a Sims Asylum mod to stop minor pets (i.e. not cats, dogs, or horses) from aging.  You'd need to make an account to see anything on the site.  Here's the discussion on the official forums:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/897959/are-there-any-mods-to-disable-minor-pet-death

I haven't tried the mod myself, but the Asylum mods are generally well-made and do what they claim.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,707 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict It let me download it without setting up an account. But my game doesn't detect it, it's not in the mods list at startup (and yes I deleted the cache as it suggested). The people in the forum - some say it works and some say it doesn't. Oh well, I'll wait and see. I'm concerned it's not shown at startup though, as all the NRAAS stuff gets listed there.
Message 3 of 4 (1,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  I think it's working, despite not being shown in the startup list. None of the birds' dishes ever become empty. I guess that's how the mod does "never die of hunger".

Message 4 of 4 (1,668 Views)