How Do I Cancel a Refund Request?

by TheSixthFloor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How Do I Cancel a Refund Request?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I accidentally clicked submit on the refund page for Sims 4. Is there anyway to cancel this? I've searched Google and looked all over the order history page for clues but couldn't find any.

Is it possible?

Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How Do I Cancel a Refund Request?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Not off hand.. I don't believe I've seen that come up personally.

The best way I'm betting is to contact a Game Advisor.

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Try to do it during hours that have either Chat or Phone support instead of email.  Email will be the slowest option.

-----

If you let it refund (or otherwise it gets refunded anyways even after contacting).  It isn't a deal break.

All your stuff will still be saved.

Your game will still be installed.  (don't need to re-download it all again)

You can repurchase it for the same price and it's back to normal.

If you had preorder bonus (if there even was one I don't know), that will likely be gone.  That would be only lose I can think of.

I would bet your game will continue to work for several more days also even after it gets refunded... I think I've heard that before.

------------

That's just me thinking out loud... no promises on any of it.  I've never canceled a game just what I hear from users.  I think that's the likely scenario if you let it refund or it gets refunded even after game advisor tries to stop it.

Game Advisor is only person who can stop the refund from going through, if they can... that's what I think

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (281 Views)

All Replies

Re: How Do I Cancel a Refund Request?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Not off hand.. I don't believe I've seen that come up personally.

The best way I'm betting is to contact a Game Advisor.

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Try to do it during hours that have either Chat or Phone support instead of email.  Email will be the slowest option.

-----

If you let it refund (or otherwise it gets refunded anyways even after contacting).  It isn't a deal break.

All your stuff will still be saved.

Your game will still be installed.  (don't need to re-download it all again)

You can repurchase it for the same price and it's back to normal.

If you had preorder bonus (if there even was one I don't know), that will likely be gone.  That would be only lose I can think of.

I would bet your game will continue to work for several more days also even after it gets refunded... I think I've heard that before.

------------

That's just me thinking out loud... no promises on any of it.  I've never canceled a game just what I hear from users.  I think that's the likely scenario if you let it refund or it gets refunded even after game advisor tries to stop it.

Game Advisor is only person who can stop the refund from going through, if they can... that's what I think

Message 2 of 2 (282 Views)