Re: How Do I Bring Baby Home?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How Do I Bring Baby Home?

★★★★ Novice

I feel like this is a stupid question. Brought family to a park, and I don't know how to bring the baby home. If I tell my sim to 'Go Here With... Baby' to send them back to the house they walk to the edge of the lot and it says I can't leave the baby there alone and to either stay there, or call a baby sitter. I just want to go home! How do I tell them to bring the baby home with them? XD

Message 1 of 5 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I finally figured out I can teleport them home, but I'd still be interested to know how I'm supposed to get them home.

Message 2 of 5 (745 Views)

@22950010288090  If you have your sim pick the baby up and then just use the "Go Here" command to send them to their front yard, they should keep holding the baby.

One potential issue though is that if they try to use a car or bike, they'd need to put down the baby to use it.  So instead, you can put all the household's vehicles in another sim's inventory, or in the family inventory if you prefer, before issuing the command.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tired that, but they kept trying to get into a cab, and I don't know how to tell them to simply walk home. Seems a little odd that they can't bring the baby in a cab.

Message 4 of 5 (695 Views)

@22950010288090  You could click Go Here and then select Walk or Run rather than leaving the tone on Automatic.  I haven't tried that, but it works when a sim isn't carrying a baby, so it should work with a baby too.

And I thought you'd be fine with the sim taking a cab as long as they were still holding the baby; that was my original point, that they could take one without putting down a baby or toddler.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (688 Views)