Re: Houses/lots disappearing!

by brooky_jane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Houses/lots disappearing!

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem for about a month now. I haven't been able to play the Sims 4 which I have spent a lot of money on. 

I have talked to several different people at EA and tried all their suggestions. NOTHING has fixed this problem.

Basically I had two Sims at an event, then brought them back to their family home. The home was gone. I did unfortunately save my game at this point because I had to leave and didn't have time to figure out what had happened. I thought it was something minor.

I have tried going into other Sims homes and they are also gone. Even in San Myshuno, apartments are gone. Restaurants are gone. Any lot I click on disappears.

I have literally tried every suggestion that I have heard so far. I have uninstalled, repaired, and re-installed my whole game. I have spent hours trying to fix this, to no avail. 

Can anyone help me? I am beyond frustrated!

Message 1 of 9 (813 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Could you upload the recovered save to a file sharing site and PM me the link. Trying to see if it will happen again.

As for you, yes, you will loose all progress you made since the first disappearance so just keep playing on the recovered one. You can use save as and rename it so that it doesn't say recovered anymore.

The automatic backups are created each time you save but they are overwritten after 4 save-cycles.

I would also backup that recovered save to a different location on your computer. There are no guarantees that the disappearance doesn't happen again as it's unknown what's causing the issue in the first place.

You find all saves in this folder: documents\electronicarts\the sims 4\saves. Best to just make a copy of the whole folder. This way you have an extra backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (778 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @brooky_jane

you have probably this issue and so far, other than loading a backup, nothing seems to work: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/

Do you have any backups from before it happened ?

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (802 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC. I don't *think I have any back-ups, not sure

Message 3 of 9 (800 Views)

Hero

There's automatic ones you can recover using the recover button. They might all be borked already though but it's worth a try. If you have any working ones and it happens again, it would be good to have your save from before it happens so QA can look into it.

RecoverSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ok I will try that
Message 5 of 9 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Omg it worked!

How do I continue to use the recovered save now?
Can I delete the other one?
How do I keep it the way it is in the recovered save?

Sorry if these are stupid questions
Message 6 of 9 (785 Views)

Hero

Could you upload the recovered save to a file sharing site and PM me the link. Trying to see if it will happen again.

As for you, yes, you will loose all progress you made since the first disappearance so just keep playing on the recovered one. You can use save as and rename it so that it doesn't say recovered anymore.

The automatic backups are created each time you save but they are overwritten after 4 save-cycles.

I would also backup that recovered save to a different location on your computer. There are no guarantees that the disappearance doesn't happen again as it's unknown what's causing the issue in the first place.

You find all saves in this folder: documents\electronicarts\the sims 4\saves. Best to just make a copy of the whole folder. This way you have an extra backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (779 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much for your help.
I'm sorry, I have no idea how to upload the save to a file sharing site.
Message 8 of 9 (771 Views)

Hero

It's fine, don't worry about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (732 Views)