Households not opening after September 2020 update

by sikeme

Original Post

Households not opening after September 2020 update

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

My game has been broken every since the new September 2020 update and I don't know how to fix it. Thankfully the game works without cc and mods but not with. I have repaired, and reinstalled my game but nothing has changed. I have taken out mods that aren't updated and updated the ones that I can but it's still not working. Now it wont even work with cc (clothes, makeup hair etc).

What is happening is I can open my game and go but when I click to play a household loads for an extremely long time and doesn't open (a household with no cc) or brings me to the manage world screen with no error code or MCC exception (a household with cc) 

I don't know what to do. If anyone can help me or is having the same problem and knows what it causing it, that would be so great

Message 1 of 3 (313 Views)

Re: Households not opening after September 2020 update

Champion (Retired)

@sikeme 

As you have found out your mods/CC is the cause.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.
Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: Households not opening after September 2020 update

★ Apprentice
@sikeme I’m having the same issue but my game won’t open at Ll
Message 3 of 3 (286 Views)