Households not even working after having Mod Conflicter

by 6194586

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Households not even working after having Mod Conflicter

★★ Novice

I have played sims for awhile and I've had lots of mods not like over 1,000 but a lot. About 800+ actually. All of a sudden when I start a new family or continue my old one, I stay on the loading screen for a while, I've looked almost everywhere to just fix this problem, and I have mod conflict, and it says everything's alright. I did the method taking out mod then putting it back in, still doesn't work. Then I update my game, then the loading screen still doesn't work, but it's shorter then forever. I'm planning to get seasons, but what's the point when I can't play the game.

Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Households not even working after having Mod Conflicter

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @6194586 

Whenever a new pack comes out especially like the new seasons or prior, you need to check your mods ie: Mod Conflicter is not a definitive/sure fire fix, I have it and it is useful but not conclusive. There is also new pc requirements to keep note of.

Also, I usually enjoy a new pack by starting a non-mod game to check things out as well.

Spoiler

Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack, SimsVIP also do a regular post for people who use cc; on which ones are broken or now updated; All on the one page too, and the best list. Also the EA Forums do a regular post for the broken cc.

Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

PC Requirements

Hope this helps, let me know if you still have problems.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (264 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @6194586 

Whenever a new pack comes out especially like the new seasons or prior, you need to check your mods ie: Mod Conflicter is not a definitive/sure fire fix, I have it and it is useful but not conclusive. There is also new pc requirements to keep note of.

Also, I usually enjoy a new pack by starting a non-mod game to check things out as well.

Spoiler

Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack, SimsVIP also do a regular post for people who use cc; on which ones are broken or now updated; All on the one page too, and the best list. Also the EA Forums do a regular post for the broken cc.

Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

PC Requirements

Hope this helps, let me know if you still have problems.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 5 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, thanks for replying so what I should do is cutting half of my mods and see what's wrong? I also saw that some mods were unacceptable.

Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually your 50/50 method worked! Thanks so much! Also the links you agve me worked as well! I'll be pressing the button it worked! Thank you!! Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (192 Views)

★★ Pro

@6194586 

So glad it worked for you! I'm also a big fan of mods and cc.

The methods (and the posts by SimsVIP) are good to remember, and always check on with each update / pack.

Sasha

Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)