Re: Households not able to be played

by crinrict

Original Post

Households not able to be played

★ Novice

I'm at a loss of what to do.

After the most recent update, my Sims 4 game has been glitching out badly. When I hover over a house, the residents aren't visible and it flashes blue where they should be (see image below). If I click the house and then the play button, nothing happens. It makes the noise and the button pulses but it just stays on the world screen. When I go to the manage households, the loading circle shows but then it's just blank slots that I can't do anything with.

I've done a bunch of searches and tried everything.

I've tried

- repairing the game from origin

- checking for any more updates that I may have missed

- tried it with CC and mods and without (deleting all of it)

- turned off mods altogether

I've even reset my laptop and had to re-download everything in hopes that it would help but I'm getting nowhere.

This has been going on for about two days and I had zero issues until the most recent update so any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (537 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @annyscott 

did you rename your user folder or get rid of your save games when you reset everything or is this on the same save game that was bugged ?

This issue is usually mod related but there seems to be some cases that keep staying bugged after removing the save.

Do you get the same issue on a fresh save without any mods added back or is it just the existing saves ?

Did you also delete your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict 

It's the same game. Origin saved it from before but I have tried starting a new save and it won't let me past CAS (same issue of the save button making the click noise but nothing happening). That was without any mods whatsoever.

I have deleted cache files. I did a search for all of this and found plenty of your posts and tried everything but I'm still here unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4 (496 Views)

Hero
Did you try before putting anything back ? Just on the renamed folder ?

I know you tried it all but I need to be extra sure we're talking about the same thing as I can't see on your computer.

Basically what I'm asking is: did you rename your user folder and then add nothing at all back and start a fresh save and it's still happening ?

You don't have to get rid of your old stuff, it's just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)