Re: Household sims unplayable since Sept 5th update

by sundancr

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@kreatora yeah but my mcc is not showing either.... gonna try once more then will have to back up all my saved households and try what you said... and back up the houses as well.... Frown
Message 21 of 27 (399 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well I did what you suggested and saved my household and house and started a new game with them and no mccc and now I can not right click to go to cas that way... shift right click only brings up the regular interaction menu... this is a bug from that patch... I did what you suggested every time and each time one more thing comes up.... no way is this a corrupt file... its a new game file... so it seems if I go to new game I can access my cas tools but once I get them into a home I can not get them back into cas to do any edits... I guess I will not be able to play this any longer... its not a mod.... did a vanilla game and still the same... started a new game from backed up sims and still the same.. didn't even get to get the house back out FrownFrown

Message 22 of 27 (385 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have done everything possible to get my game back and no matter what I do nothing works... I know its not a mod as I have removed all mods reinstalled the game and made sure to have new files... nothing works... its got to be that update on the 5th... game was working perfectly until then... I have loaded a vanilla game.. started my saved household new and nothing... cas works fine when you are starting a new game but once you place them in the world the option is no longer there... and then when I do manager to get into cas the tools to edit the sim is not there... can't edit skin tone or details. no eyes or nose... the options are not even there.... gonna wait for the new game and download it and see if that fixes it... my mc is not even showing up... thought it may have been the updated version but when I put the old one back in the same thing... 

Message 23 of 27 (354 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

If this happens in a new game without mods and CC it means that some sim of your family is bugged. The bugged sim can't be repaired.
However, if you put your mods and CC into the game again, it means that one of them is broken and this causes this error. Remove the mods folder to your desktop again and check if you still have this error, without CC and mods.
Message 24 of 27 (351 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kreatora everyone of my saved games can't have a broken sim.... however I am gonna back up all my houses and one household and download the new game and see if it fixes it... I still say it was that update as everything was working perfectly before.... if would seem to me if I had a broken sim it would have glitched before that update... so if the sim was not broken before that patch then the patch did it
Message 25 of 27 (321 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@sundancr If you are in "live" mode without mods, you do know your methods of editing in CAS are limited right? Unless you use cheats, the only methods are with the mirror (which has limited options) and the dresser (which has limited options).

If you want to be able to edit everything like when initially creating a new sim:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + C to bring up the cheat console.
2. Enter testingcheats true.
3. Enter cas.fulleditmode (this enables you to make full edits, like when you start a new game)
4. Now click on a sim while holding Shift down. You should get an "Edit in CAS" option with all available edits.
Message 26 of 27 (304 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I am very much aware of this thanks 

Message 27 of 27 (283 Views)