Re: Household sims unplayable since Sept 5th update

by sundancr

Original Post

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Sorry I can't. we can't give links to mods - this is breaking the rules of this forum. Use Google
Message 11 of 27 (612 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok thanks I found it and made sure to bookmark it this time   Standard smile   thanks for all your help

Message 12 of 27 (612 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Glad it worked for you Standard smile
Message 13 of 27 (613 Views)

★ Apprentice

New problem... in cas skin tones and details are not showing... its not a mod... when I saw that I removed all mods to make sure it was not that... was the vanilla games I used before.

Help!!

Message 14 of 27 (600 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

In this situation, it is more a game bug than your game fault.
But before you can make a bug report, you should check it in the vanilla game. Maybe some files in the game folder have been damaged by the mod. To check it do like it is described below.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder mods folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Is all is working properly delete The Sims4 old folder.
To make mods work again, you must turn them off again and play for 2 minutes. Save and quit. Now you can re-enable mods because these changes will be saved in the new files.
Message 15 of 27 (563 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kreatora The repair option is not there... it use to be as I have used it several times and used it yesterday to be exact... however with the patch today its now gone... will it work if I bypass that step and start the game and let it generate new folder?
Message 16 of 27 (559 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Yes of course. Sorry, that my answer is so late but I live in Europe and it was 4 am here. I had to get some sleep

Message 17 of 27 (525 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's ok I understand... I got it fixed the round about way... since the repair option was not there I backed up the mods, saves and tray items and deleted the folder the sims 4 and reinstalled a fresh game and loaded it to make sure it worked and it did so I moved all my saved stuff back and the game works fine now.... I think the repair option was not there cuz of the renaming of the folder to the sims 4 old.... all was fine with the repair option until then... was a long fix but its fixed and hopefully if anyone else has this issue they will find their solution in this post

Message 18 of 27 (497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok I now have a new issue... its only my saved games that I can not access the cas tools... I can't adjust body mass, change eyes or nose... nor skin tones or skin details... if I start a  new game the tools are there... its only after the update that this showed up... there has got to be others who are having this issue... It's only my saved games

Message 19 of 27 (484 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

These files in your save probably broke when you tried to enable the game with mods for the first time after the update.
Unfortunately, these files cannot be repaired.
If you don't want to lose the family you played, just save it to your library just like their home and start a new game. You have MCC so you can easily rebuild their funds. And this is the only thing besides the friends that this family will lose. The career level will remain the same. Even for books written by the sim in the previous save, he will receive a salary.
Message 20 of 27 (469 Views)