Re: Household sims unplayable since Sept 5th update

by sundancr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Household sims unplayable since Sept 5th update

★ Apprentice

Ever since I updated to the Sept 5th patch I am not able to play my households... The game loads find but when I get to the household I want to play I not not able to select any of the sims in that household... Its like all the sims in that home are selected at the same time... If I tell one to cleanup dishes all of them get the same command... so this basically makes my game unplayable now.... and its just since this update today I need this fixed like now!!!

Message 1 of 27 (1,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
@kreatora I am working on the mods now and trying to find the one responsible.... I loaded a vanilla game and it worked find so know its a mod that is now good after the update

View in thread

Message 3 of 27 (1,082 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Have you any mods or CC?
If yes move the mods folder to the desktop.
Now, whether you have mods or don't you need to find your game folder. Look for it in Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims4
Find localthumbcache.package file in this game folder and delete it, delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
The game will recreate it but without saved errors.
Then go to the Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now after repair without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If it will not work -some files in the game folder can be damaged- then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 27 (1,112 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kreatora I am working on the mods now and trying to find the one responsible.... I loaded a vanilla game and it worked find so know its a mod that is now good after the update
Message 3 of 27 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sundancr

Look for UIC - it is broken - you can get new version already
There is already a new updated version of MCC

Message 4 of 27 (1,078 Views)

★ Apprentice

are you talking about ui cheats extension?

Message 5 of 27 (1,095 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Yes - but I have checked - there is a new version already
Message 6 of 27 (1,092 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok well I will go download mcc and ui cheats and see if that was the issue.... removed ui cheats and gonna boot game with that removed and see if that takes care of it

Message 7 of 27 (1,098 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sundancr

Quite a lot is already updated, but this patch has broken most mods
Message 8 of 27 (1,091 Views)

★ Apprentice

well it was the ui cheats and now I can reloads my cc clothing and go download the new versions... glad I came here it saved me hours of work eliminating a little at a time... glad I found this place  Standard smile

Message 9 of 27 (1,076 Views)

★ Apprentice

can you please post the link for the ui update... I can't find it

Message 10 of 27 (1,071 Views)