Household missing

by mh2artist

Original Post

Household missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing a similar issue, but not as bad or not exactly as bad as the poster. I'm writing this so it may help.

So far, I've only created households and lots for Willow Creek and Forgotton Hollow, but in both town/worlds I seem to be playing in perhaps three different "dimensions". 

In Willow Creek, I want to play with Angelina Jolie, and I see my Raccoon household in their secret underground lair is there also, and an older version of the Goths and an older version of another household that also appear in another "newer" version of Willow Creek. If I choose to play the newer version of the Goths household in illow Creek, then my town appears to also include the Cluedo household, the BFF's in the newer lot I built for them, and the newer version of another household that can also be found as an older version of themselves in the same screen as the Angelina Jolie household.

In Forgotten Hollow, I have created a wife for Vlad's household, and households and newer builds for the empty houses. However, all of my households do not show up all at once. If I try to play with the Vatores, I will also see the Lot for the Greens household but Vlad appears to not have a wife anymore. If I instead try to play with my Collins household, Vlad's wife appears to be in his household, and an older version of the Vatores, but my Greens household is missing.

In my gameplay, if I am "missing" certain households that I have created, the EA versions of the lot will be appearing.

I hve been trying to figure out why, and what I think is happening is, because I had no clear understanding of the basic mechanics of how to start and continue play in the game in an orderly manner, I sometimes have been creating newer households on an older load game screen, and then if I choose to play a newer load game screen those new lots I had created are not there.

I have tried evicting the Raccons and Jolie households and attempted to move them into the newer load game screen lots but then they don't show up in my "Played Households/Not in world" list, not sure why.

Anyways, I have figued out that if I load my most recent gameplay from the load screen and build lots and create households and place them, being careful to continue to load each new gameplay from the most recent gamplay screen, then most of my households appear in that town view,, but if I want to play with Jolie or Raccoons I have to play from an older load game screen. 

I have only been loading the game from the "Load Game" button, and have not yet ever pressed the "Play New Game" button on the main startup screen.

It's possible players like me, have been choosing various stages of gamplay from the various load game screen saves, which of course now I understand that this means we're playing in a bunch of different "time zones" as it were.

Now that I understand this, for me, the real bug is I don't know why Jolie and Raccoons households don't show up in my "Played households" screen and Sims seems to have culled Vlad's wife. I really hope my experience helps you, or other players. But the peson who is askng help seems more in trouble than me.

I play on Windows 7, lots of HD left, and never any mods or cc. All my own builds and no downloads.

Message 1 of 7 (2,373 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★★ Apprentice

This is an update to my experience in my post. In continuing to play the most recnt version of my Willow Creek world/town screen, where all of my created lots and households were showing up except the Jolie and Raccoon households and lots I had made earlier, as I was on the town view screen, I kept re-checking the list of households showing up in my Library/gallery list, and suddenly the Raccoon family appeared in the list (I had been clicking on other unplayed with households to read their descriptions, when then suddenly the Raccoons appeared,)

so I chose them and "moved" them onto the lot I wanted for them, which was set as EA's original lot. I bulldozed the lot and was able to choose the Undergraound Lair I had built for them and placed that, and now they are also in my present Willow Creek time zone of play.

Later, I tried doing the same action hoping for my Jolie family to show up; (browse through the unplayed household list and click on various families to read their descriptions, and then re-check the list of played in families,) and suddenly the Jolie family appeared too!

So, I chose them from the Library since I didn't want them to disappear again, and placed them on the EA lot I wanted them to be on, then bulldozed that lot and chose the House I built for them from My Library, and now they are also in my present time zone play of Willow Creek world/town play.

However, both the Raccoon family and the Jolie family are set as though I never placed them in game previously. They have all lost their skills and inventories. But it's better at least that all my character families are all now in one version of my Willow Creek world.

I still have to see if I can do the same to my Forgotten Hollow. 

The point is: me and other players created households and lots go missing (MAYBE because we've created and built them on earlier versions of load screen game time zones,) and have not been appearing on our Library/Gallery lists, and when I kept looking in there, clicking on other households to read their descriptions and then going back to the entire lists, then suddenly they re-appeared. 

Now what I need to do is to carefully try to play from newer load game screens to keep them all in play. I just didn't know that with Ageing turned off my households wouldn't all be kept in the same time zone as the newer households I was playing in.

I really hope my experience and update to my experience can help others. cheers.

Message 2 of 7 (2,352 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, Crin.

I was experiencing the same/similar issue in my game since I started playing Sims 4 in September. I came across a solution that by accident worked for me so that all the housholds and lots I created for Willow Creek now appear all at once. I still have to try working it out for Forgotten Hollow households and lots.

The reply I wrote was addressed to a later guide person in this topic.

Windows 7/lots of HD space/most packs and expansions/no cc/no mods/ all my own or EA's households or lots. Took lots of trial and error and seemed to work by chance to solve for myself in Willow Creek so far. cheers

Message 3 of 7 (2,345 Views)

Hero

Your issue sounds different, tbh. In this thread, the houses disappear. the household themselves are still there.

For you it sounds more as if you started a new game by accident and placed the households in another.

Have you added the new households through the main menu or the save game itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,335 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Your issue sounds different, tbh. In this thread, the houses disappear. the household themselves are still there.

For you it sounds more as if you started a new game by accident and placed the households in another.

Have you added the new households through the main menu or the save game itself ?

I usually add new households by first starting up a "load game" previous save. I have somehow by accident been able to bring my Willow Creek town world up to date with all the households and build I have created for them, but as I said, the Angelina Jolie household and the Raccoon households I made were only available to play from an earlier save game and not showing up in the later saved games when I loaded them, and the first few times I tried to find them in my Library those two weren't showing up, but then they DID show up after I was just checking the traits of other EA created non-played households. First I saw the Raccoons show up in the Library, so I quickly placed them in the lot I had chosen for them (presently showing as the original EA lot,) and then bulldozed what was there, placed the build I made for them, and then they were finally playable at the same time as all my other households and builds, EXCEPT, the game thinks I just created them and their lot new, so they are all new to play, without the skills they had after having played with them in older saves.

THEN, after several checks and the Angelina Jolie household not showing up in my Library, I went back to checking the traits of some of the other EA created non-played households, and then again SUDDENLY, the Jolie household finally showed up in the Library, so I spent the time to repeat re-placing both them and the new build I had originally made for them in the spot where I wanted them to be in Willow Creek in the first place. They also have been entirely reset with no skills and even the build was missing some (nearly all) kitchen and lounge room items, but all the upstairs bedroom and bathroom stuffs were still as I built them. So, I just went from there, replaced the furniture and played with them a little bit before saving.

For me, as I said previously, some of my households had been showing up and some only showing up in older saves, and this is still true for my Forgotten Hollow, but, I'll try dealing with that town in the future, taking the same steps as I did to repair and bring up to date my Willow Creek.

Just from now on, (because I have Ageing shut off and I will just guess that may have something to do with it,) I will be careful to play from the last save game I left off on, and just try to play in rotation. because now I know that if I try to play from older saves, any new builds or households will not be showing up. So, for me, I'll live with that. I'm thankful the game is mostly working for me anyways.

I'm thinking that, the game's build is very complicated, and if we play a little differently than the developers planned, or assume that we will play, then it kinda messes with the way the game lays itself out after the gameplay choices we've made. I realize other people's lots or households disappearances are somewhat different than my experience. I only wrote my experience to help other players have an idea of what some of them might try to see if it might help them, too. But, I still have no idea why sometimes when I go to My Library, some of my households weren't showing up until I was checking traits on other non-played households by chance. It's almost as if the game was "stuck" on loading everything that should have been there, similar to a webpage sometimes loading funny. I dunno. cheers

Message 5 of 7 (2,324 Views)

Hero

I split your thread as yours is about households and not lots/houses themselves.

TBH, I'm a bit confused if you got everything back now or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,312 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, crin. I did not get all my houses back,  but, I found that playing from the entire map screen, and from the last saved game I left off on,  and going to the main town map from there, shows most of the families and builds. 

I don't see a few of my older ones,  but, I'm just going to leave those alone,  and stick with what I'm doing,  as it's working for me from this point. I believe I was starting some of my gameplay from older saves, and building in those old saves, which caused my builds and families not to show up when I started playing next time from a newer save.  I was not understanding how to play in the order that the game's engine understood. 

The few builds and families that don't show up for me now,  were built during older saves and I'm not going to build on those spots now,  because I just don't want to confuse the game, and I'm just going to be satisfied with what seems to be working now. 

Windows 7, most packs and expansions,  but just SIM stuff,  no fan stuff,  no mods,  ever. And I don't intend to upload any files. Cheers. 

Message 7 of 7 (2,268 Views)