Re: Household members not taking care of needs whilst main sim on other lot

by TepidJuice

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Household members not taking care of needs whilst main sim on other lot

★★ Novice

Hope the topic makes sense! Couldn't think of how to phrase the problem.

I tried to take one of my sims out to the nightclub, and leave the rest of the 7 family members at home. I have done this a few times and have noticed that all of the sims at home just completely ignore their needs and when I return to the lot everyone's needs are in the red. They will not eat, sleep, go to the bathroom or anything whilst i am not on the lot controlling my other sim in a public place. Is this normal? When I am at home in the lot they do all of this automatically, and it is frustrating that I either need to stay home all of the time, or take all 8 of them out at once to stop this from occurring.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? And if there's a way to fix?

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 5 (841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@TepidJuice

You can find crinrict solution to this issue here and click MEE TOO on the bug report

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properl...

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (803 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@TepidJuice

You can find crinrict solution to this issue here and click MEE TOO on the bug report

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properl...

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (804 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (789 Views)

★ Guide
@kreatora Doesn't work for infants though. Other adult sims (who are caregivers) won't care for the infants while another sim is out. I took my doctor to his active career and when I come home, the infant is usually starving. I don't see a "care for ...." for them.
Message 4 of 5 (387 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@xemily91

It's been 4 years since my answer. I suggest you start a new topic about it on the Bug Forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs.
Of course, before you start such a topic, remove mods (if you have any), remove the localthumbcache.package file from the game folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4), and repair the game in EA ap
Ea ap /Library - click the three dots on the game cover - Repair option
Test the game to see if you still have this error and if the bug has not disappeared, start a new topic
Message 5 of 5 (376 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help