Re: House that i built on a bulldozed lot has been replaced

by WolfFox90

Original Post

House that i built on a bulldozed lot has been replaced

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I use Base Game only.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug should occur after bulldozing a house, rebuilding on the same lot, saving the progress in the gallery and trying to move a NEW household in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't find a house that was build on a previous bulldozed lot.
What do you expect to see? I would like to find the house that i built and move an household in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I need help,

For the past week I've been building a house on a bulldozed lot in Newcrest. The house is mostly Custom Content. Since I've been working on it in multiple parts, I regularly saved it in my gallery. After building it I created a family in cas to move them in but when i tried to, I couldn't find the house and could only see the lot that i bulldozed with the original house on it. I searched through my gallery but i just can't find my house. I spent a full week and a half on it so I really hope anyone can help me find a solution for this bug.

I also did the last update (eco lifestyle) during the build but I doubt the issue comes from there.

Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)

Hero
@PeterVanKinder Did you test this without mods installed ? Does it happen again if you remove all mods/cc and just do a quick test ?

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Do you know you can Backup your Builds? after you saved it in My Library you go into your Tray Folder in The Sims 4 Folder in Electronic Arts which should be in Documents and there will be 8 files for your Build, it's best to go there straight after you saved it to My Library and then make sure to save your game but make sure to keep making new saves with Save As every time you play before you quit your game for the day because Saves tend to disintegrate and corrupt pretty quickly it's been a problem since TS3 then delete the old ones. If you haven't added anything else to My Library then find the more recent modified files in the Tray Folder, then use Winrar to zip them up, to put your Build back into your game just put the files back into the Tray Folder. These are the files you're looking for in this picture...

BuildFiles.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)