Re: Hotmail account blocked and inaccessible leading to no access into original Sims 3 account.

by radstafarian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hotmail account blocked and inaccessible leading to no access into original Sims 3 account.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I ran into a problem recently when I decided to redownload my copy of Sims 3 + the pet expansion off Steam... I noticed I couldn't access my original Sims 3 account that I made when I downloaded it from Steam, because I couldn't remember the password I used during the time. I thought "hey I can get my password reset with the forgot your password link", but to no avail due to my hotmail account recently being blocked. Microsoft won't allow me access into my account anymore and have blocked it completely off even after multiple times of giving them the proper information that was asked for. I decided to create a new account for Sims 3 because I still had the games, but when I went to register the two games with the two codes given from Steam in the past they wouldn't work, so now I can't access any of the online features I use to able to access and I have no way of recovering my old account... Which is why I came here.

Is there possibly a way I can either get two new registration codes for my main Sims 3 game and the Sims 3 pet expansion, or gain access to my old account?

P.s. I was able to create a new Sims 3 account using my gmail; [Email Address Removed] so I assume that I haven't already used my gmail with Sims 3 before... So my old account has to be tied to my inaccessible hotmail account; [Email Address Removed]

Message 1 of 6 (1,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hotmail account blocked and inaccessible leading to no access into original Sims 3 account.

Hero

Well, see this is a place where users help users. No one here can help you with your account issues.

Only the EA game advisors/support can, so you need to contact them.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the option so show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,451 Views)

All Replies

Hotmail account blocked and inaccessible leading to no access into original Sims 3 account.

★★★★★ Novice

You might want to get a hold of Microsoft Rep to reset your hotmail password/ or did you have any phone numbers or any other accounts linked to that hotmail that you could send a reset link to ? You should try those first if you haven't. I'm sure that if that doesn't work they'll try to get you your online content somehow. :]

Message 2 of 6 (1,425 Views)

★★ Novice

Believe me, I have no need to lie about anything despite this being the internet. I have tried over and over to get my Microsoft account back, and all they told me was to try again; try again; try again, and after all that they just blocked it so no one could get into it anymore including myself. I supplied the last four digits of my credit card and my name, my address, and all that important stuff, but they still didn't accept it. I never sent out any emails with my hotmail so I couldn't supply that information in those fields. I even supplied four different passwords I used to get into it... Even when I go to make a new hotmail account it just takes me straight back to the hotmail verification page, and keeps putting me through an endless loop of bull**bleep**. I have recently got my Guild Wars 2 account changed to my gmail, and even got my steam account changed to my gmail, but because of this I have lost access into my old Sims 3 account and are unable to get it back at all other than by asking on here for help... The two registration keys given by steam are useless now since I used them back when my account was tied to my hotmail (as stated before is inaccessible forever now). I even went out of the way to try and verify a few more times that I was infact the owner of that hotmail account, but they just told me the same bull**bleep** "just try again", and then they just blocked it completely ignoring my plead for help. 

All I need are two new registration codes for my Sims 3 and Sims 3 "pets" expansion, I already bought the games through steam and have them sitting in my steam library for download at anytime on any computer that I sign into my steam account on, I don't see why this would be a problem at all other than greed getting in the way and EA asking for more money for the codes despite me already purchasing the game through Steam.

Message 3 of 6 (1,420 Views)

★★ Novice

No replies, nor any help from EA? Not impressed, and not surprised.

Message 4 of 6 (1,410 Views)

Hero

Well, see this is a place where users help users. No one here can help you with your account issues.

Only the EA game advisors/support can, so you need to contact them.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the option so show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you kindly, I appreciate the help.

Message 6 of 6 (1,393 Views)