Original Post

Accepted Solution

Host Station unavailble

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own or go to restaurant with all required items and staff. Try to request a table via the host station.
What happens when the bug occurs? The played sim will complain that the host table is unavailable/in use. Host/Hostess can be interacted to in most ways but will ignore all customers.
What do you expect to see? The Host/Hostess to greet and seat customers. To be able to request a table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue started when I got the Cats and Dogs pack.

Message 1 of 13 (1,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [DO] Host Station unavailble

EA Staff

Hey @BrandonAntSims

We did some testing and it seems that the cause of this is one of the ceiling lamps being directly above where the customer sim would stand in front of the host table, with the lowest walls. Moving the light allows the sim to properly reserve a table.

Can you confirm this at your end?

Thanks! 

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,281 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Have you tried different restaurants ? Also a new save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,244 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried different restaurants (including maxis-made ones,) different save files, different sim combinations

Message 3 of 13 (1,222 Views)

Hero

Hi @BrandonAntSims

sorry for not following up. Been a bit busy.

What kinds of mods were you using ? Have you also deleted your cache files and repaired the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,182 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @BrandonAntSims

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you and happy simming!

Message 5 of 13 (1,169 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BrandonAntSims for saves again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,136 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry I've been moving houses and stuff, I'll send savefiles as soon as I can get to my computer 

Message 7 of 13 (1,122 Views)

EA Staff

@BrandonAntSims

Thank you for the saves! We will give them a look!

Message 9 of 13 (1,087 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @BrandonAntSims

We have not been able to reproduce the issue using your files. 

Are you still encountering this issue? If so, does it always occur? 

Did it occur in your own restaurant or any in a restaurant downloaded from gallery? 

If you could share the exact save file where you found this issue, that could also be really helpful. You only need to mouse over the folder icon. 

Save file.jpg

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 10 of 13 (1,036 Views)