Re: Holiday and Even System Not Working, Numerous Other Bugs

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Holiday and Even System Not Working, Numerous Other Bugs

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All holidays and events
What happens when the bug occurs? I am having the issue where when a holiday on the calendar is suppose to happen, nothing occurs. The game just acts as if it is a normal sim day. I had an event scheduled for that evening (since it was the winter holiday pre-set into the calendar) and when the event should've began I got a notice that the party was starting soon but no guests ever showed up. My holiday system and event system don't work at all. I have been playing this family for about 3 weeks now.
What do you expect to see? A holiday to perform like how it did on the live stream and events to actually happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch week of 6/18 and Seasons

I am having the issue where when a holiday on the calendar is suppose to happen, nothing occurs. The game just acts as if it is a normal sim day. I had an event scheduled for that evening (since it was the winter holiday pre-set into the calendar) and when the event should've began I got a notice that the party was starting soon but no guests ever showed up.
My holiday system and event system don't work at all.
I have been playing this family for about 3 weeks now.
My engaged couple also randomly married each other without me commanding to do so.
Sims seem to be changing commands. For instance, if I tell them to take the toddler to the high chair they pick her up and put her down 2-3 times in random spots in the house and I have to reinstruct them to put her into the high chair.

Message 1 of 6 (1,535 Views)

Hero

Hi @jennola94

first, I need a thread per bug.

The calender issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long...

The getting married one sounds mod related. Please remove all your mods before reporting

As for the high chair, please also test this on an unmoded game. There are issues with it but the taking in and out could be mod related as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,508 Views)

Hero
Hi @jennola94

did you have any luck in solving any of your issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,462 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info   

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,440 Views)

★ Novice
Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, dogs and cats, to work, clubs, jungle and camping , halloween and a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All holidays and events
What happens when the bug occurs? I am having the issue where when a holiday on the calendar is suppose to happen, nothing occurs. The day before the holiday disappears from the calendar and the game just acts as if it is a normal sim day. If I schedule an event, I receive a notice that the party is starting soon but nothing happens. If i chose to start the event now the event occurs. My holiday system and event system don't work at all. Also, the game doesn't let me to create a holiday for the next day, when i do it, it simply doesn't appear at the calendar. I have been playing a few weeks. Don't know if has something to do, but I installed the expansions when this game was already started.
What do you expect to see? Holidays and events happen correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Well, it started along with the installation of the expansions
Please describe the patch or change you made.
I have the same problem of jennola94.
I have my game on 14 days. On Large life time but the aging disabled.
Message 5 of 6 (1,340 Views)

@Borondon1 this is a old bug report you're replying to. If you think you issue is a bug make a new report on the bug forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 6 (1,320 Views)