High CPU Usage

by Unusual_5uspect

Original Post

High CPU Usage

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey folks! There's a TL;DR section at the bottom for those who don't need the whole story. But I'll get right to the point. Since I installed Island Living and built a house (okay fine, a mansion lol) on the empty 50x50 I have been getting higher than normal CPU usage. I'll be in the middle of playing and can here my CPU rev up quite a bit. The CPU usage jumped from about 10-15, to 35-40. Which is abnormally high. I've never had that problem before. I do have a boat load of mods, including the "HQ mod" but I have had them all for quite a while and played with no problem for a long time. All of my mods have been updated for the island living.

I do get an occasional LE here and there. I have the Better Exceptions mod and it usually reports  "Animation States Traverse Error" and never associates any mods with it. I have noticed an odd phenomenon and that is that vendors are sometimes spawning on the 4th floor, in a locked bedroom, next to the fireplace inside the room. It's quite odd. I use a mod called "Force to Leave" and when I force the vendor to leave, they walk to the fireplace and disappear. I have no idea if it's all related somehow, but it's quite odd to see the load on my CPU when I play games like Witcher 3 which don't even get that high in CPU usage. 

TL;DR version: The Sims 4 is causing high CPU usage since adding Island Living. No other games do this. All mods are updated and I get no mod related LEs. I get an LE that says "Animation States Traverse Error" every no and then. Also, vendor NPCs spawn inside my Sulani house (the empty 50x50 lot) next to the fireplace. Not sure if that's related though.

PC Specs: GTX 1080, 16GB of RAM, Intel Core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz, 64-bit Operating System.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)

Re: High CPU Usage

Champion (Retired)

@Unusual_5uspect 

You can in no way hear a CPU "rev" up what you hear is the fan. Check for dust, CPU usage of 35-40% while playing a game is at the low end.

The Vendor issue is a known bug.https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Random-NPCs-enter-leave-via-fireplace/td-p/79615...

Please click Me Too on the first posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: High CPU Usage

★★ Novice

I know what the sound is. I wasn't being literal. My fan goes crazy at random points and I never had this issue before. I clean my PC regularly so it isn't dust. My CPU usage is usually much lower and has nearly doubled since Island Living. So none of that exactly answers any questions.

Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)