Hidden Springs code shows as Monte Vista in purchase history & game launcher

by cruzin-mama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hidden Springs code shows as Monte Vista in purchase history & game launcher

★ Novice

Mac, Hidden Springs, Monte Vista does not show up in launcher after clicking download in TheSims3 store. Sims 3 opens but nothing happens. Purchased from Origin but had to be redeemed on TheSims3 site.

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hidden Springs code shows as Monte Vista in purchase history & game laun

@cruzin-mama  Downloading from the store can be a bit tricky in mac OS, but there are a few steps you can try.

• Open the launcher before clicking Download.
  • Only download one item at a time, especially a file as large as a world.
  • Clear your browser cache, and be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.
  • Use a different browser.  Neither Safari nor Chrome works well with the store.  Firefox is usually fine, though.
  • When your browser asks which application you want to use to open the file, choose the one from your newest pack (the one that launches the game).  If that one doesn't work, try the base game icon.

If none of these steps help, drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to generate a clean folder, then try downloading into that one.  If it works, you can move the Sims3packs from your new game folder (inside Downloads) to your old folder, trash the new folder, put the old one back, and then open the launcher and install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

All Replies

@cruzin-mama  Downloading from the store can be a bit tricky in mac OS, but there are a few steps you can try.

• Open the launcher before clicking Download.
  • Only download one item at a time, especially a file as large as a world.
  • Clear your browser cache, and be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.
  • Use a different browser.  Neither Safari nor Chrome works well with the store.  Firefox is usually fine, though.
  • When your browser asks which application you want to use to open the file, choose the one from your newest pack (the one that launches the game).  If that one doesn't work, try the base game icon.

If none of these steps help, drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to generate a clean folder, then try downloading into that one.  If it works, you can move the Sims3packs from your new game folder (inside Downloads) to your old folder, trash the new folder, put the old one back, and then open the launcher and install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you I’ll try that and see if it works. I remember there was a truck to doing it just couldn’t remember. I’ll let you know. 

Message 3 of 4 (328 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much the solution was selecting the most current version of game after of course clearing that Sims 3 be the app to open. In my case Seasons was last install so I selected that from the Sims 3 folder then it installed. Your awesome thanks 

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)