Re: Hibernating Vampires wake up to go to work

by rostsit

Original Post

Hibernating Vampires wake up to go to work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This may be by design, but the way it currently works is illogical. Telling a vampire to hibernate doesn't appear (so far) to be much different from telling them to sleep. They go into the deep sleep, but autonomously wake up immediately when it's time for work or some toddler is crying. It would make more sense if the autonomy was disabled when they hibernate, and sure, that'd lead them to lose their job and what not, but that's not really the point. They just shouldn't be able to wake up on their own when they're hibernating, since if they do it just works the exact same as sleeping and becomes a pointless option.

Quitting their job and then telling them to go into hibernation makes it work more like one would expect: They stay asleep until they're disturbed, for the most part. The AI still decides to wake them up some times for no reason, even when there's other sims in the house that can do certain tasks (like taking care of toddlers) and should be prioritized over the ones that are sleeping/hibernating.

Basically: Hibernating should be more like stasis and freeze their mood and moodlets, so if they go into the coffin "Very Angry" they'll still be in that state when they're woken up several generations later (like in Underworld). Maybe it's just me, but that is how I expected it to work, since there's no point in having the "hibernate" option if it's basically the same as "sleep" with the only difference being that they don't wake up when fully rested.

Message 1 of 24 (4,529 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Hibernating Vampires wake up to go to work

Community Manager (retired)

Hibernating Sims should only ever wake up when user-directed, so this is a bug, thank you much for the report! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 24 (4,495 Views)

Hero

Hm, 

I tested this in my own game and I have no issues with this. They stay asleep through work. 

You say that it worked better when they quit the job. Do you still have a save from before they quit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (4,471 Views)

Hero

Tagging @TheSteelRodent again

Does this still happen ? Did you retest ? I can't duplicate this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (4,341 Views)

Hero

Moved to general forum for lack of feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (4,313 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I insist this should be moved back to the Bugs section. My vampires awakes from hibernation on ANY reload, there are no conflicting mods, no toddlers and they are unemployed. They just wake up for no reason despite free will is "Off".

Message 6 of 24 (4,079 Views)

Hero

I haven't been able to duplicate

Can you upload your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (4,074 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Strange, I thought it's a common issue. Can you use that save I've sent to you earlier? Just put any vampire to hibernation, load another family, than come back to vampire family again and you'll see vampire is out of coffin.

If you go to vampire house with another sim, you'll see the same.

Message 8 of 24 (4,039 Views)

Hero

Oh, I thought that other one wasn't yours ?

Sure, I can try that one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (4,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Not mine, but I know for 100%, that it should have this issue, we were discussing it more than once. That's why I thought everyone has it.

Message 10 of 24 (4,029 Views)