Hi! Im playing the sims 3 and my .package files arent showing up in the game

by deedaduda

Original Post

Hi! Im playing the sims 3 and my .package files arent showing up in the game

★ Novice

My .package werent showing up after i tried deleting some unwanted CCs when i logged back into the game it says objects were missing and my skin CC that were a .package file isnt showing up. I've tried deleting the 5 cache files, removing all my package files and testing it but i still cant get it seem to work. I also have 2 electronic arts folder, 1 on the desktop and 1 in this PC. It duplicated somehow when i tried to drag it out so its easier to access but I'm too afraid to delete it now. Can someone tell me what to do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 6 (651 Views)

Re: Hi! Im playing the sims 3 and my .package files arent showing up in the game

@deedaduda  First of all, make sure the .package files that you want showing up are in the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The game won't read folder on your desktop.  And delete the cache files again, or rather delete them each time you quit the game while troubleshooting.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the folder where the .package files are located.  Include the address bar, above the list of files and folders, in the screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (633 Views)

Re: Hi! Im playing the sims 3 and my .package files arent showing up in the game

★ Novice

I placed the mod folder into both of the 2 folders i had just in case and i also deleted the 5 cache files before i tested the package file in game. For some reason, the cache files keeps reappearing after a while even if i didnt launch the game and they only appear at the electronic arts folder at my PC

Screenshot (81).pngScreenshot (82).pngScreenshot (83).png

Message 3 of 6 (610 Views)

★ Novice

I just noticed another problem, my CC downloads only show up in one of the 2 files. The left one is the electronic arts file on my PC whereas the right one is the one on my desktop. Also, I'm not sure if this is related but the CCs downloads that i uninstalled from the Launcher and deleted  from the downloads folder still show up in my game. After i did this, my .package files weren't able to read. Screenshot (85).pngScreenshot (86).png

Message 4 of 6 (594 Views)

@deedaduda  Your screenshots show that OneDrive is syncing some of your Sims 3 files.  (The check mark means a file or folder is synced; the X means it isn't.)  So that may be part or all of your issue.  Custom content installed through the launcher is bundled into .dbc files in DCCache, so if these files get synced, in this case downloaded again from OneDrive, your cc would show up in-game again even though you'd uninstalled it.

However, your Packages folder shows pirated Sims 3 Store content, and I'm not going to help troubleshoot that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (581 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict ahh i see, thank you. I didn't know i was playing a pirated game i probably got ripped off. Anyways thanks for your help!!
Message 6 of 6 (576 Views)