by Keijra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Herbs can't be added to Vertical Garden

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a vertical planter. Click on the planter and purchase a packet of HERBS for the planter. Open the packet and attempt to place a seed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Completely unable to plant any of the herbs in the vertical planter. They will not place at all whereas the flowers and fruit will
What do you expect to see? Herbs that are purchased through the vertical planter as being vertical planter seeds will place in the vertical planter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was excited to try the vertical planters and so I purchased seed through the planters. I really wanted an inside herb garden.  All the fruit seeds placed easily. All the flower seeds placed easily.

Not a SINGLE HERB would place at all. Not one. These are herbs that were bought specifically THROUGH the planter in the packet and listed as vertical planter seeds so they should be the ones that work but I cannot plant them.

I went ahead and tried every single herb in the game and I cannot plant any herb at all. I took out all my mods opened a new clean save and nothing changed. I still cannot place any herbs in the vertical planters.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] Herbs can't be added to Vertical Garden

Hero

HI @Keijra 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (820 Views)

All Replies

Re: Herbs can't be added to Vertical Garden

Hero
@Keijra I had no issues planting herbs. What exactly happens when you try ?

Something like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Seeds-not-being-Planted-into-Vertical-Planter/... ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Keijra I am unable to duplicate this.  After removing your mods, did you try clearing your cache and repairing your game?  Can you plant herbs that are not from the vertical planter packet?

Message 3 of 6 (850 Views)

★ Guide

I have removed all mods, cleared my cache, repaired my game. I've tried every single herb in the game and I am unable to plant any of them.

I've specifically used the ones from the vertical gardening packet as well as ones not specifically from the vertical gardening packet. It makes no difference. Nothing that the game considers an herb is able to be planted.

What happen is that they will not slot in place at all. Normally a seed will snap into place and you can then plant the seed. 

In the case of the herbs, I cannot even get them to snap into the slot in the first place.

Message 4 of 6 (829 Views)

Hero

HI @Keijra 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (821 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Problem solved!!

I had previously cleared all my files out, cleared the cache and opened a new save but I did not do a factory reset. Doing that allowed me to clear whatever the problem was.

Now that I have the problem gone from an unmodded game, I can focus on finding the bad mod that caused the problem in the first place. That part is easy enough to do.
Message 6 of 6 (781 Views)