Help

by colbyfolmar123

Original Post

Sims 3 code already redeemed

[ Edited ]

Code redemption

If you're not sure how to redeem a code, please read this article:

https://help.ea.com/in/help/origin/origin/origin-code-redemption-faq/

Before trying any other troubleshooting, please confirm that you're entering the correct code.  The letter o and number zero can look the same, as can the letter i and the number one, etc.

Please keep in mind that product codes cannot be removed from one account to free them up for another.

Disc copy

Digital copy: Origin

Digital copy: other

Store world

Disc copy

If you previously registered your product code(s) on the old Sims 3 site (www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com), the code will read as used because Origin and that site share information.  The associated content will be in the game library of an Origin account tied to the email address you used on the site, even if you never used Origin yourself at the time.

If you remember what email address is associated with your old account, you can login to Origin with it and download your content from your game library.  You can also merge your old account into your new one, but please be aware that while the Sims 3 base game and packs usually transfer over without issues, any store content owned by the old account will not be preserved.

If you can't remember what email address you used on the old site, try entering the addresses you remember in an Origin login window and clicking "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check the spam folder as well as the inbox.

If you are unable to recover your old account in this way, you can try contacting EA customer support.  However, there is no guarantee that a support rep may be able to help you, depending on how much information you can remember about the old account.

What may help is for you to provide proof of ownership: a photo that includes a disc, its case, and the insert from inside the case with the product code showing and legible.  You can upload photos when submitting the help request.  This alone will likely not be sufficient to recover your old account, but it may allow the support rep to work with you to provide the additional information necessary.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Digital copy: Origin

When you buy the Sims 3 base game or a pack through Origin, the content is automatically added to your account, with no further action necessary.  The base game code cannot be reused on a different account; you'll need to sign into the account that made the purchase in order to access it.

Digital copy: other

If you bought your content from a third party, you'll need to contact that vendor.  Approved sellers of EA games are responsible for providing working product codes.  Here's a list:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

If you bought from an unauthorized third-party seller, you may have received a bad code, in which case there is no way to use it.  Nor is EA responsible for replacing an invalid code with a working one.  Hopefully you'll be able to receive a refund from the seller.

Store world

When you buy a store world, you need to register it on the Sims 3 Store site, not within Origin. Go here:

https://store.thesims3.com/

Sign in with the same credentials you use in Origin, scroll to the bottom of the page, click Redeem a Code, and enter the 16-character code.  Like the base game and packs, codes for store worlds can only be used once, after which they're permanently tied to that account.

If your product code cannot be redeemed and you bought it from Origin, please contact EA customer support for help.

If your product code cannot be redeemed and you bought it from a third party, please see the above sections for discs and digital copies.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 194 of 194 (2,402 Views)

Trying to Redeem Game Codes that are already in use by me.

★ Novice

I actually contacted EA for this issue already way back in 2014 because I redeemed the game codes way before Origin existed and was trying to re-install expansion packs to the Origin Launcher.  We sorted it out way back in 2014 but I'm wanting to play TS3 again and now some of my packs are not showing up as purchased.  I currently own World Adventures, Late Night, Seasons, Island Paradise, Ambitions and Generations EP's (physical discs).  The only EP's that Origin is letting me download are Ambitions, Seasons and Island Paradise.  I'm trying to add WA, LN and Generations but it says the codes have already been redeemed (because they have been, by me, PRE ORIGIN).  How can I redeem my codes without having to rebuy copies through origin??

Message 1 of 194 (2,699 Views)

Re: Trying to Redeem Game Codes that are already in use by me.

@Panda12399  If some of your packs aren't showing in your Origin library, the only way to fix it is to contact EA customer support, again.  Origin won't accept your codes no matter what you do—they read as used, so they can't be added to any account, even yours.  I'm not sure why the codes stopped working, but the procedure is going to be the same as before.  For each pack, take a photo with the disc, case, and code showing, upload them to a live chat, and let the support rep fix it.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Sometimes, although not always, it's possible to install using a disc and get Origin to recognize the packs, even though the codes aren't on your account.  Origin would still control the install, and you wouldn't need to use a disc to play.  You can always try it, and uninstall if the packs don't show up in the launcher.

The other option, if you can't make Origin cooperate, or you don't want to jump through those hoops, is to install via disc and leave Origin out of it entirely.  You'd need a disc copy of every pack you'd like to install, plus a base game disc manufactured before September 2012; the newer ones require Origin to control the install process.  If you'd like to go this route, let me know, and I'll post more detailed instructions.

Message 2 of 194 (2,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too - my games were registered on EA and The SIms 3 website on an email address that was hacked and i cannot get back in to it. Hotmail keeps refusing any of the details i give them to recover my account.

I contacted EA before about switching details from my old account to my new one, but they were useless and just kept asking if I knew the password, which i don't, and sending the password reset to my old email is pointless as i cannot access that account!!

I'm going to try one last time them give up!

Message 3 of 194 (2,569 Views)

@laurieloujames  I'm sorry, but if you can't recover access to your old Origin account, then there's no way to access your games, either.  Codes can't be transferred from one account to another, nor can they be reused, even by the original owner.

As far as your Origin account goes, you could try filling out the account recovery form.  If you can provide enough information about the account, EA may allow you to change its associated email without being able to access the defunct hotmail account.

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

Message 4 of 194 (2,554 Views)

the sims 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hello! im trying to reinstall the sims 3 on my new computer but when i put the code it doesn't allow me, it said that the code is already in use what can i do please.if this is happening with the game probably is going to happen with the expansions too.????? how can i fix it? please help me!!!!

Message 5 of 194 (2,535 Views)

Re: the sims 3

@Anamarfd1  Your codes have already been registered, so they can't be added to your account now, even if you're the original owner.  But if you registered them before, either in Origin or the Sims 3 Store, you can just login to your Origin account and download the base game and packs for free, without needing to use your discs.  Origin and the store share information, so if you did use the store site, just sign into Origin with the same email address and password you used for the store.

Message 6 of 194 (2,513 Views)

Sims 3 Product Codes That Were Apparently Used

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have several product codes of mine I'm just now getting around to entering into my current origin account. Either someone has cracked the codes to games I have purchased OR there's an old account I have forgotten about or don't remember. I've chatted twice now with two different agents and neither one of them were able to help me out. The second agent sent me a link to a recovery web form but when I clicked on the link it was a generic help link. I'm super frustrated and would like all of my games under my current origin account. Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly know the ACCURATE link for the form I'm supposed to fill out? (With details such as email, name, and case number).

Thank you

Message 7 of 194 (2,506 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Product Codes That Were Apparently Used

@PeytonHittie  You can certainly try to fill out the account recovery form:

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

(That's the link that people send out on this site.)

But if you don't remember what email address was associated with the account, then it might be difficult to find enough information to regain access; product cods are certainly not going to be enough.  The faster way might be to enter any email addresses you have into an Origin login window and click "I forgot my password"; any address associated with an Origin account will receive a password recovery email.

By the way, if you ever registered your packs on the Sims 3 store site, that would also explain how your codes were used—the store and Origin share information.  The above also applies in this case.

Message 8 of 194 (2,491 Views)

Help

★★★ Newbie

hey so i downloaded the sims on a previous pc and it broke i did not get the chance to delete it and i found the disk i try downloading it i redeemed the pin but yet it says it already been redeem but on the paper it says i can get it any where any time but it wont work message me at my email [edit: email address removed]

Message 9 of 194 (2,580 Views)