Re: Help? :(

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Help? :(

★★★ Newbie

I recently got Ambitions and it messed up my game. All my store content is missing and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but it still won't show up in game. I have no idea what to do and I'm pretty upset about it 

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: Help? :(

@musicgirl5631  Try deleting the five cache files in your Sims 3 user data folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts).  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and definitely any time you add or remove content, whether it's store or custom content or another pack.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, please try installing some store content in a clean user data folder, with nothing else added.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to create a clean folder.  Don't move over any files, at least not yet.  Just download one small item from the store, for example a shirt or hairstyle, install it, load the game, and start a new save to see if the item shows up.  If it does, quit, restart your computer, reload the game, and check again, just to make sure the item doesn't disappear.

If everything still loads, you can install the rest of your store content in small batches, no more than about six items at a time.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with everything else.  Once one set of files is installed, you can move on to the next, but at least make sure the items show as installed in the launcher before downloading the next batch.

When you're done, let me know, but don't move over any other files yet.  Just test one more time to make sure your store stuff still shows as installed.  If it disappears at any point, don't reinstall, just stop and let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)