Help!

by blaqluv

Original Post

Help!

★★★★ Novice

It seems a lot of ppl are having a similar issue with the sims 4 crashing. I am getting the load error message as it sends me right back to the manage world screen. I've followed a few instructions here where I've removed the s4 folder and deleted whatever else listed. I've done repairs twice. The fresh start gave me a few days of uninterrupted play, but I'm back here again. I,too, believe it's because of the latest update. NEVER had a prob before, that I can remember. I really need help. My game is my and my daughter's lives right now with all the mess going on in the real world. What do I do?? 

Message 1 of 7 (375 Views)

Re: Help!

Champion (Retired)

@blaqluv 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I saw these instructions last night and I followed them. It did not work. My game still crashed when I tried to load my family.

I have repaired twice, deleted the saved game that had my cc in it, followed instructions on moving s4 and mod folders and deleting files, and I even removed the last pack purchased to see if it was that. I would be more than happy to uninstall and reinstall my whole game if it was guaranteed to be a fix.

Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@blaqluv This has to be a bug with EA. I've seen three posts like this, including mine, in the last 10 mins. I tried everything, including re-installing ALL of my graphics card drivers. Nothing works.
Message 4 of 7 (335 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@blaqluv 

Please post the error message you got.

Is this the only save that cause the problem? If you start a new game do you then get the error?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (311 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing  my game for about an hour and no crash,  so far. I was checking out my folders/files before I started and I saw there was a mod folder in the ea file, even though I moved it to my desk top yesterday. Not sure if that's normal. I deleted the one on the desk top and I wonder if that's why my game hasn't crashed again yet...? Stay tuned.. 

Message 6 of 7 (285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so, I last posted 3 wks or so ago, and my game worked fine from then until today. I don't remember all of the steps I followed to get the result last time, other than moving my mods folder. But, I'm here, again, with the same issue.  I just moved the mod folder back to my desktop and ran a repair. Game still crashes. I ran a dxdiag earlier, so let me see if I can attach..

Just wondering, my mod folder is dated 6/5/2017. shouldn't it be a more recent date?

Message 7 of 7 (252 Views)