Re: Help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

[edit: email address removed]

Message 10 of 194 (739 Views)

@colbyfolmar123  Ths forum's filter automatically removed your email address; that's why it's not showing up.  But that's a good thing, because this is public.  And besides, no one here can help you with account issues.

As for the problem itself, you likely registered the code the first time you installed the game.  The fact that you already used it on your old PC doesn't matter—you should still be able to install on the new one as well.  But you'll need to use the same Origin account as you did the first time around.  (If you registered on the Sims 3 Store site, the same applies, since Origin and the store share information.)  Just sign into Origin, and the game should already be in your game library.

If you can't figure out what email address you originally used for your account, you can always ask EA customer support for help.  But it would probably be easier to just try all the addresses you have, and click "I forgot my password" in the Origin login window.  Any address associated with an account will receive a password recovery email.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 194 (723 Views)

I can't install The Sims 3 Ambitions

★★★ Newbie

I can't install The Sims 3 Ambitions from the disc. The internet says that this is a pretty common error and that I should download it from origin. The problem is that I bought the expansion a long time ago and I think I didn't have a origin account back then. Right now I have the the disc and the code, but when I try to redeem it, it says that it was already redeemed in another account. someonde please help meee.

Message 12 of 194 (705 Views)

Re: I can't install The Sims 3 Ambitions

@the_bass-0607  If you registered Ambitions on the Sims 3 Store site, that would explain why the code reads as already used: the store and Origin share information.  Normally, you'd just login to Origin using the same account info you did on the store site, and your content would already be in your Origin library.  But that's not helpful if you can't remember your old account details.  And if you've added the base game or other packs to your current Origin account, you'd need to get the old and new accounts merged anyway, since having TS3 packs on two separate accounts isn't going to do you much good.

In any event, it's best to contact EA customer support to try to sort things out.  They might be able to help you find the account in which Ambitions was registered, and they should definitely be able to merge your old account into your new one, if you can find it.

Message 13 of 194 (676 Views)

Install Sims 3 - Into the future via Origin - Serial number already cashed??

★★★ Newbie

I lost my disc for Sims 3 - Into the future but I still have my serial number. I tried to install the game via origin and the number but I always get the error: This code already got cashed??? I always played the game directly with a disc until I lost it, I never installed it on origin, thats why I don´t unterstand the problem right now?

Message 14 of 194 (842 Views)

Re: Install Sims 3 - Into the future via Origin - Serial number already cashed??

@ZappeK3  Did you ever register the game on the Sims 3 Store site?  If so, that's the problem: Origin and the store share information, so using the code in one place means you can't use it again in the other.  But if you did register it in the store, it should already be on whatever account you used at the time.  You can just login to Origin with the same email address and password, no need to register again.

If you can't find your old account, or you never registered on the store site, please contact EA customer support so that someone can sort out what happened to your code.  Support is currently closed, but it should be back to normal hours later this week.

Message 15 of 194 (839 Views)

Sims 3 Registration Code Invalid, Need Help!

★★★ Newbie

I have been having trouble installing my Sims 3 game that I have had for many years. I recently built a new computer and wanted to install my game onto the new computer, since I will be getting rid of my old laptop that I cannot run the game on anymore due to its age. However, I am told over and over again at the beginning of the installation process that my registration code is invalid and has already been used, which it has been for when I previously installed the game on my old computer. This is very frustrating and I can't get it to install unless I have a valid registration code. I paid money for my game years ago, and I don't want to be forced into buying a brand new game all because of the annoying registration code that only works once apparently. Any help would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue. I really want to get my game installed on a computer that can finally run it smoothly.

Message 16 of 194 (1,201 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Registration Code Invalid, Need Help!

@mississippi42315  When you installed the game on your old computer, did you add the code to your Origin account?  You may have been forced to do it automatically, depending on when your base game disc was manufactured.  If not, did you ever register the game on the Sims 3 Store site or thesims3.com?  This site shares information with Origin, so your code would read as used if yoou tried to input it again.

The solution is simple: login to the same account that you used before, and your game should already be in your Origin library.  Even if you only have an account on the old Sims 3 site, your email address and password should work in Origin as well.

Message 17 of 194 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't believe I ever registered the game on thesims3.com, and I know Origin did not require me to do so because it was years ago when I installed it. Maybe I did register it on thesims3.com, but how would I go about locating it?

Message 18 of 194 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I've tried looking all over Origin and TheSims3.com, but I cannot seem to find a place where I could locate it. Am I basically forced to get a new game because of this?
Message 19 of 194 (1,174 Views)