Re: Help with old Sims Game (Disk)

by mxll1e

Original Post

Help with old Sims Game (Disk)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Help with old account

Hello... So it's been a while since I've played, over a year to be exact, and since then I've gotten a new laptop. I've had TS3 for a very long time and I had my mums old yahoo email at the time which we both forgot the password to. I've since tried to recover it but they couldn't help us. Also, all of my Sims games were bought from a disk and I didn't download any of them on Origin, and I've also used the codes on my old Mac. (Never used Origin) I still have all my disks with the codes but I can't use them since I already have on my old Mac... If anyone could help me try to recover my Sims 3 it would be appreciated so much. Thank you! (I never used this account for my sims, just made it to ask for help) I also have a few expansions that I really don't want to go to waste just to buy them all over again!

EDIT: So... Weird.. I tried re-entering my codes from the disk one last time, but none of them worked but Seasons, even though I also had that installed on my Mac. But I'd still like help on how to get back the other ones.

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mxll1e  Is your new computer a pc or mac? You need to contact EA customer support as all your Sims 3 games need to be in one account. Support can merge your old account - EA customer service  As the DRM that is on the discs are no longer supported by Windows and OS X, the new DRM is Origin. You need to redeem the codes on the account with Seasons. Once the game/packs are activated in Origin there is no install limit. All you have to do is download the Origin client  and install. I recommend getting the digital download from Origin as again the DRM has changed and the game and packs and store items have been upgraded for Origin.

Message 2 of 5 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a windows pc. When I first got TS3, I did not make an origin account, at least I don't think so unless you need to make one when playing. I never needed it since I already had the disk. Also if there is no install limit then why when I used all the codes before none of them worked and I was told "This code has already been used."? Which is even weirder because Seasons worked even though already having it installed, and when playing yesterday it wasn't in my game. I will try your suggestions though, thank you for the help!

Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mxll1e  Once a code is used in an Origin account that code is locked to that account and can not be reused. The code can not be user deactivated. To recover the Origin account that contains your games you will have to contact EA customer service.

Message 4 of 5 (304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, thank you! I'll see what I can do.

Message 5 of 5 (292 Views)