Help required with downloads and installments!

by JosephineRL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help required with downloads and installments!

★ Novice

Many years ago; I bought some worlds and other content such as Dragon Valley and some hair styles. 

But for some reason I cant install any of this in my game. I've tried in the launcher and in game. It says that everything is installed but it's nowhere to be found.

It frustrates me since I did spend money on all this and I had some of the things in game for 1 day and the next day it was gone - but I could buy it in Store.

Does anyone know what to do about this? 

Message 1 of 8 (665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help required with downloads and installments!

@JosephineRL  Origin doesn't (or at least it shouldn't) touch anything in your game folder, where you install store stuff.  Do you have OneDrive enabled?  Is it possibly moving or syncing your Documents folder with cloud storage?  You can disable OneDrive to test; it's not necessary to uninstall it completely.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (562 Views)

All Replies

@JosephineRL  Does the store content show as owned by your account?  Store files are encrypted—they can't be used on a different account than the one that bought them.  So if you have two accounts, one with your store stuff and the other with your game, you likely wouldn't see any of the installed content once you loaded a save.

If that's not the issue, then the installed files may have been corrupted.  The easiest way to check is to install into a clean game folder.  Pull your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a new folder, then download and install one world, nothing else.  Load the game and see if it's there.  If it is, you can install the rest of your store stuff in batches of no more than six items at a time; the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data well.  World files should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

Once your store content is installed, and you've confirmed it all shows up in-game, you can move your saves and other content from your old game folder to the new one.  Here's a list of everything you'd want to transfer:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 2 of 8 (656 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Okay I tried doing it with Riverview and now it says that it can't install it and I need to make sure that my game has the latest software update

Message 3 of 8 (640 Views)

★ Novice
@JosephineRL Just tried again. This time it said the installment was successfull but it was not installed.
Message 4 of 8 (632 Views)

@JosephineRL  What kind of install is this: Origin, Steam, disc, some other digital download?  I just tried adding Riverview to a fully patched install in macOS, and it worked fine, even without the usual store content patches.  It's also possible that the download itself was corrupted.  Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer (it's still in there in Windows 10); Chrome and Safari don't work so well with the store.  Use another clean game folder.

Message 5 of 8 (611 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It's Origin and it keeps messing things up. Yesterday, all the things I had trouble with was suddenly available but then I missed some objects from my expansion pack
Message 6 of 8 (572 Views)

@JosephineRL  Origin doesn't (or at least it shouldn't) touch anything in your game folder, where you install store stuff.  Do you have OneDrive enabled?  Is it possibly moving or syncing your Documents folder with cloud storage?  You can disable OneDrive to test; it's not necessary to uninstall it completely.

Message 7 of 8 (563 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It seems to have worked for the most parts but I still don't have Dragon Valley. I'll try downloading it from another browser and see how it goes. Thank you for your help Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (519 Views)