Help or advice

by twilight12400

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help or advice

★★ Novice

Recently with the new sims 4 update my sims updated again but it downloaded another sims 4 and I'm not sure on what to do.

Message 1 of 7 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help or advice

@twilight12400  The Sims 4 icon in your screenshot is a desktop shortcut, meaning it's actually a pointer to the real version, which is somewhere else.  (That's what the little arrow on the icon means.)  If you want to see for yourself, right-click on the icon and select "Open file location" or similar, and you'll jump into the game's program files.

The other key point is that the shortcut is only 2 kilobytes in size, which you can see to the right of the name.  The real .exe (TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe) is much larger.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (230 Views)

All Replies

@twilight12400  What do you mean that it downloaded another Sims 4?  If you actually have two copies of the game's program files, please post screenshots of what you see, including the address bar that's above the list of files and folders.

Message 2 of 7 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I'm not sure if I did this right

Message 3 of 7 (246 Views)

@twilight12400  The Sims 4 icon in your screenshot is a desktop shortcut, meaning it's actually a pointer to the real version, which is somewhere else.  (That's what the little arrow on the icon means.)  If you want to see for yourself, right-click on the icon and select "Open file location" or similar, and you'll jump into the game's program files.

The other key point is that the shortcut is only 2 kilobytes in size, which you can see to the right of the name.  The real .exe (TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe) is much larger.

Message 4 of 7 (231 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  So is it okay if I delete the copy?

Message 5 of 7 (217 Views)

@twilight12400  It's not a copy, it's just a shortcut to the one real version.  But yes, you can delete it if you want.  It'll probably come back the next time you update though.

Message 6 of 7 (208 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for helping me
Message 7 of 7 (172 Views)