Re: Help, my sims household won't load after the new update

by TheGreatDNA86

Original Post

Help, my sims household won't load after the new update

★★ Novice

My sims household won't load after the update. I get into my game and everything is fine, I can get in the neighbor hood but it has this infinite loading screen to get in my house. I'm truly sad because I'm scared the only way I can fix it it to remove my house I've been playing with for so long. I DO have mods and script mods including trait mods. Does this have anything to do with my mods or my trait mods. I'm so frustrated right now. Been trying to fix this since Wednesday....

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)

★★ Novice
I also have mods by Kawaiistacy, Meaningful stories mod, and MC Command Center. I have over 5K mods...
Message 2 of 4 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Is this only isolated to one household overall? Does it happen with other households you have as well?

If it's only the one household, you can try moving them out of the lot and into another temporarily, see if you can at least save the household itself.

If you want to test if it's mod-related though, close Sims 4, put your mods into a separate folder onto the desktop, remove localthumbcache.package, and reload the game.

If this works, you can start re-introducing the mods in sections, what is referred to as the 50/50 method; let me explain:

1: Close Sims 4.

2: Select half of your mods from a location outside of the Mods folder, and place them into the Mods folder.

3: Delete localthumbcache.package again.

4: Open Sims 4.

Check your game again to see if the game is running again as intended; if so, repeat the steps above. Once you find a point where the game does not work, you can start narrowing down from the mods you introduced as to what mod isn't working. The 50/50 method is a process of elimination to determine what mods are no longer functional.

- B

Message 3 of 4 (358 Views)

★★ Novice

It does happen with all my other houses. I tried traveling, moving and it hasn't worked. I will try the 50/50 method. Thank you so muchStandard smile

Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)